We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
At Instacart, our Mobile Engineers are working to delight our customers and empower our shoppers. We’re building robust, well-architected apps to simplify the complex process of getting our customer’s orders from the store to their door in an hour or less.
Our team is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join us to build the mobile apps at the core of Instacart’s business. On the customer side, our Mobile Engineers are tasked with building a flexible and intuitive app for all of our customers—from the technologically savvy to those who just got their first device. On the Enterprise side, our Mobile Engineers are developing white-label solutions that let Retailers build and maintain their own digital storefronts on the Instacart platform.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a member of the Enterprise Mobile team, you will:
- Contribute to the development of the Whitelabel Grocery App for iOS:
- Developing new features to customize the Storefront experience for our major Retail Partners,
- Streamlining the deployment pipeline, so our Retail Partners can see new updates faster,
- Adding additional partners, to help scale the business
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers; owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Champion the iOS platform: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of iOS app development experience
- Very strong development skills in Swift and iOS SDK, and good general programming and algorithm skills
- Deep knowledge of Fastlane, Cocoapods or Carthage and the iOS build systems
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment, running experiments in production
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Automated testing experience