We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart’s Strategy & BizOps team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve Instacart’s toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing, high-potential startup, with high visibility into Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Analytics, Operations, Business Development & Finance teams.
As a Strategy & BizOps team member, you will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart’s near-term and long-term success. You will need to solve for multiple strategic priorities (i.e. growth, efficiency, and quality) and consider various stakeholders (customers, shoppers, advertisers, and retailers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and-outs of a cutting-edge tech startup.
As a Strategy & BizOps Sr. Associate, you are the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data; apply critical thinking & communications skills to make actionable recommendations; and drive those recommendations thru to execution. You are a clear, confident communicator who loves taking a complicated problem, decomposing it, and building a compelling business case.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our senior leadership team
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of the P&L across multiple dimensions to understand critical margin drivers and develop insights
- Work with our Product and Instacart Executive Leaders to promote shopper and customer loyalty and develop strategies to drive long-term margin goals; turn your insights into business-impacting reality
- Identify and triage key questions, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your business acumen and experience.
- Serve as an important cross-functional liaison between Instacart’s Product, Engineering, Business Development, Analytics, Operations, and Finance teams
- Work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles. Experience with retail and e-commerce a plus
- Advanced Excel experience required
- Advanced SQL and/or data visualization tools experience required
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design creative and sustainable solutions
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects and improving business metrics in a resource-constrained environment
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all stakeholder needs
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.