At Instacart, our Mobile Engineers are working to delight our customers and empower our shoppers. We’re building robust, well-architected apps to simplify the complex process of getting our customer’s orders from the store to their door in an hour or less.
Our team is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join us to build the mobile apps at the core of Instacart’s business. On the customer side, our Mobile Engineers are tasked with building a flexible and intuitive app for all of our customers—from the technologically savvy to those who just got their first device. On the Enterprise side, our Mobile Engineers are developing white-label solutions that let Retailers build and maintain their own digital storefronts on the Instacart platform.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a member of the Enterprise Mobile team, you will:
- Contribute to the development of of the Instacart Customers App for Android:
- shipping new A/B tests and monitoring their results
- developing new features to customize the Instacart experience for our major retail partners
- streamlining the deployment pipeline, so our retail partners can see new updates faster
- adding additional partners, to help scale the business
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers; owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Champion the Android platform: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of Android app development experience
- Strong development skills in Kotlin and with Android SDK
- Deep knowledge of Gradle and the Android build systems
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment, running experiments in production
- Ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Automated testing experience