Our backend systems power the clients used by millions of customers every year to buy their groceries online. These systems must also support tight integration with the largest retailers in the US and Canada. Engineering at Instacart provides the opportunity to work on challenging scaling problems while also designing the features that will define our industry. You will learn how to build in an open collaborative environment serving millions of requests daily.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
- You will work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
Instacart's technology is constantly changing and adapting. Some of the technologies you would use at Instacart include:
If you have experience with these technologies, you will have the opportunity to dive deeper. If you haven't used these technologies you will have the chance to learn from the collective experience of our team.
- Self-motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- A strong sense of ownership
- Strong knowledge of common back-end Web technologies (such as Ruby on Rails, Python, etc) in a production environment
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience working with a large codebase on a cross functional team.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering OR equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of working experience in a similar field/environment