We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Instacart Engineering team is seeking a leader in our Data Engineering organization.
The Data Engineering team at Instacart is responsible for building and operating a large scale data infrastructure for the entire company. This includes data ingestion from partners, extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data, and developing and operating systems and tools that enable others to consume and understand data faster. We also work closely with leaders from across the company in Customers and Fulfillment Engineering, Data Science, Operations, and Finance to achieve important product and business goals.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a software engineering team that owns several critical components of our data infrastructure. Help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems our team builds.
- You will hire and grow your team with superior engineering talent, and coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your organization.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of engineers. 5+ years designing, building and operating large scale data systems.
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership