We're looking for seasoned Engineers with experience in data processing to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
We love Full-Stack Engineers, not only capable of building a solution but owning the problem end to end. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Be part of a distributed team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly.
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed.
- Work closely with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- Large-scale data processing (moving hundreds of GBs of data)
- Building resilient & highly available systems
- Deep understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Real-time processing tools such as Apache Spark, Storm, Flink, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.
- Data warehousing platforms such as Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, BigQuery, etc.
- Nice-to-have: Python, Ruby
- 8+ years relevant exp. working with data processing & ETL domains
- Excited by constantly learning new technologies & skillsets - thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Ownership over systems and team that you work on
- Advocate for improving software & process
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including infrastructure and other product teams across the company to deliver a consistently great user experience.
- As part of a core/critical business function, be able to produce good written technical documentation as an effective means of communication with the rest of the organization
- Be ready to lead the planning, design, implementation, rollout and operation of a feature