Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role....
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated Research Associate to join our fast-growing and collaborative team. As part of Inari’s Science team, you will contribute to development and testing of Inari’s proprietary technologies in mammalian cells. We are looking for a self-motivated, curious, collaborative research associate with broad technical experience in molecular biology and mammalian cell culture and the desire to contribute to a world changing mission.
As a Research Associate, you will…
- Execute mammalian tissue culture experiments
- Support vector cloning for mammalian cell transfection
- Support molecular characterization (DNA/RNA/protein extractions, PCR, qPCR, western blots) of cells
- Work with scientists and research associates to execute scientific experiments, perform troubleshooting, conduct analyses, and report results
- Perform literature searches to inform new experiments
- Participate in scientific discussions and present research outcomes to stakeholders throughout the company
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2+ years research experience or Master’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry) or equivalent research experience
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques, including passaging and maintenance of cell lines and cell transfection
- Hands-on experience with cloning vectors and extracting DNA/RNA/protein extraction from mammalian cell lines
- Experience in molecular characterization (PCR, qPCR, Western blot, etc)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences
- Experience working with CRISPR and/or plant cell culture techniques a bonus but not required