Inari is the SEEDesign™ company. We embrace the diversity and complexity of nature in every aspect of our business to drive innovation – to push the boundaries of what is possible. Through our unrivaled technology platform, Inari uses predictive design and advanced multiplex gene editing to develop step-change products. We are taking a nature positive approach to unlock the full potential of seed that will transform the food system. The results will lead to more productive acres delivering value creation for farmers and a more sustainable future for our planet.
Our success is dependent on great minds, collaborating to generate bright ideas and deliver exceptional outcomes.
We have over 200 employees, with research sites in Cambridge, MA (USA) and Ghent (Belgium), as well as a product development site in West Lafayette, IN (USA). We’ve deliberately built a team that brings diversity of thought to all aspects of our business, to generate new ideas, approaches, and ways of operating. And we've intentionally combined experience with potential, bringing agriculture industry experts with the desire to innovate together with bright minds from academia, human therapeutics, software, and consulting. If you want to be part of a diverse and inclusive team developing unique solutions to feed the world while protecting our planet’s natural resources, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role...
We are looking for a self-motivated, curious, collaborative Scientist with broad technical experience in protein engineering and biochemistry. In this role, you will collaborate with Scientists and Research Associates to develop cutting-edge methods for computational protein design, build technology platforms for high-throughput data generation, and characterize novel protein targets. This lab based role is located at our HQ in Cambridge, MA. If you have a desire to contribute to a world changing mission Inari is the place for you!
As a Scientist, you will...
- Develop and automate novel biochemical and molecular assays, and perform high-throughput screens for protein function, interaction, and expression
- Express and purify recombinant proteins in prokaryotic and cell-free systems
- Design and clone diverse gene libraries using site-directed mutagenesis and PCR-based methods
- Develop, document and deploy standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Collaborate with scientists and research associates to design experiments, trouble-shoot, and analyze experimental data
- Maintain up to date electronic records and communicate results to stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations
- PhD or Master’s degree with at least 4 years of lab experience in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. biochemistry, bioengineering, genetics, etc.)
- Understanding of protein structure, folding, stability, function, interaction, and dynamics
- Proficient in common protein stability, interaction, and activity assay formats and analytical instruments
- Experience in protein expression, affinity purification (AKTA/FPLC), and detection by SDS-PAGE / Western blot
- Experience with prokaryotic selection or directed evolution systems, FACS or microfluidics, and fluorescence screening
- Experience with molecular biology and cloning, Gibson assembly, site-directed mutagenesis, and nucleic acid analysis (electrophoresis, PCR and qPCR)
- Excellent time management and organization, professional integrity, adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high-impact solution
- Experience with gene editing and CRISPR-Cas technologies
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing
- Familiarity with Geneious, Benchling, and similar software tools for plasmid design and construction
- An interest in agricultural biotechnology or knowledge of plant molecular biology