Thanks for checking out our job description for our Talent Coordinator at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
All that aside though, we’re pretty proud to be listed number 2 in London’s best startups to work at in 2021; number 3 in Flexa’s most Flexible Companies to work for; listed as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in London to accelerate your career in 2021; and featured in Sifted's Top European Startups in 2021.
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
Our Talent Acquisition team is growing! Impala is on a mission to transform the future of the hotel industry, and we need an incredible Recruiting Coordinator to work on the frontline to help us hire the best-of-the-best, whilst scaling our fantastic culture too.
This is a new role off the back of rapid growth we've experienced over the past few months, and more importantly, rapid growth that we're about to experience over the upcoming months!
Within the Talent acquisition team you'll help us scale out a fantastic, high-performance team; which is industry-defining in not only its product and performance, but also its people-first approach and culture.
As a Talent Coordinator, you will be a pillar helping sustain our Talent acquisition team. You'll support and work closely with the Talent team to ensure that our candidate experience is delightful, smooth, and human, every step of the way.
You'll be an autonomous Generalist working across a breadth of Talent domains, and you’ll also get the chance for extreme ownership in exciting areas. You'll have freedom to build strong working relationships globally with our candidates, hiring managers, and recruiters. You’ll also be able collaborate across a number of areas, and jump in to take on new projects that help us continuously raise the bar.
There will be tonnes of space for you to be creative, shape processes and develop your skills - we don’t just encourage innovation, we celebrate it.
Growth opportunities include £1000 Learning budget per year, and the chance to progress within the Talent Team.
If the above appeals to you, and you're excited about joining a company that thinks about candidate experience differently, please get in touch, as we reimagine the Travel and work environments.
You should join us if you:
- Are excited by an industry-defining People & Talent function.
- Are comfortable with a wide scope and are excited to learn.
- Have senior level experience scheduling within Greenhouse
- Are tech-savy with GCal, Calendly, Zoom, and Typeform
- You're highly organised and can manage multiple projects and deadlines (hello startup life!)
- Have experience providing an outstanding candidate experience on a global level
- Are process driven and relentless in looking for ways to make things work more efficiently
- You're an excellent communicator no matter the situation or method
- You have a strong internal compass towards developing Diversity and Equity, and have a progressive approach towards embedding this into processes.
- Have experience building partnerships with hiring managers and candidates in a dispersed environment
- You have an interest in Talent Acquisition, and a hunger to learn and develop in the field.
You shouldn’t join us if (we want to be as honest and transparent as we can):
- You value stability in a product and company, over change and fast-growth.
- You shy away from candour and fast-paced environments.
- You think lofty goals are better left to renovation builders.
- You enjoy helping out and supporting people, but you do not have a hunger to develop and learn within the Talent Acquisition field.
What actually is Impala?
At Impala we’re solving an exciting, complex problem that has held back the hotel industry, if not the entire travel industry, for 20 years.
Forget following emerging technology trends — we’re looking to SET them!
Our vision is to make every traveller delighted and every trip perfect, by enabling never-before-seen innovation in Travel.
More practically, we’re making the world a better, more exciting place for guests, hotels, and online travel agents. Think Twilio for Travel.
Covid-19 has forced almost every industry in the world to adjust in 2020, and none more so than the travel industry. It is however, an exciting time to be in Travel Tech, with endless opportunities opened up for innovation and forward-thinking that will help jump start the travel industry. Here at Impala, that’s our goal! Backed by some of Europe’s leading investors, we’re on the cusp of launching a product that will connect people and travel once again.
Where is Impala going?
We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago, Monzo, Travelperk, Transferwise, Airbnb, GetYourGuide, Omio, Spotify and more!
They’re on board because of the shared opportunity we have before us - revolutionising a 1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
They also share our vision of a future in which travel is seamlessly connected and relentlessly inventive.
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points.
Where will you work?
We have always been a remote-first company. This was a very deliberate, natural choice, as we prioritise preserving work-life balance and accommodating the best people in Europe, while also fostering diversity.
We employ anyone within +/- 2h from GMT, timezone wise.
We have a London based, non-compulsory, office provision; due to Covid-19, we have no short-term plans for any compulsory office.
We do offer a generous WFH stipend of £150 per month, to build out your perfect personalised home office, or £350 p/m to join a local Co-working space.
In addition, we give you a generous Personalised Workspace Budget for bigger things like monitors, keyboards, desk chairs and headphones.
What you will get in return?
- You can see our full (and ultra-flexible) Benefits Package here.
- We've also removed the typical 'work hours' at Impala. Meaning you work full time, but across any hours that suit YOU.
- Loved One’s Budget - bring your loved ones to visit you, totally on us up to £750 per year, however near or far from home you are.
- Flexible working hours; meaning you can plan your workday around your own schedule. #flexappeal.
- Generous raise opportunities - pay reviews bi-annually, with 3.5x the average increase, using a fair, transparent and consistent formula.
- Totally Flexible benefits; meaning you can build your own adventure to create the most meaningful benefits package to you and your family and lifestyle - including over £100 per month on the H&W + Lifestyle activities of your choice.
- Free Food & Drinks - through our weekly Lunch-Buddies initiative.
- 1,000 Professional Development budget per year to invest in your own growth, with constant support from your manager.
- Social Events & Budget - a mixture of in-person (go-karting, mini-golf) and remote events.
- Personalised Workspace Budget - to rent out the perfect office equipment for you, in addition to the monthly WFH stipend.
- 36 Days Holiday per year - that’s in the top 14% in the UK.
- 1 Unsick Day per year - to keep on top of that healthcare admin.
- The flexibility to work anywhere in Europe, in the home office or co-working space that suits you and your preferred work environment.
- Remote Experience Manager and the ability to get involved in our unique Pop Up Parties.
- You'll work for a company that's proactive about its social responsibility within the travel industry.
- You’ll work for a company truly passionate about D&I to the extent that we made a D&I Deck. You can help build a company that intends to support diversity and inclusion at the grassroots.
- We're Flexified, meaning we've been officially approved as a flexible workplace.
About the team
We’ve always optimised for quality over quantity when expanding our team, and we’d always rather run a team lean than simply fill seats for speed.
That means that we have Star teams full of Star players, across the board at Impala -- all of whom work to mutually elevate and support each other.
We’re a group of high-performing, fast-moving, innovation-bent and product-obsessed individuals, who don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We have people on board from a range of impressive backgrounds, from big industry players (like SkyScanner, Booking.com, Secret Escapes) to incredible startups (like Revolut, Truelayer, Paddle, Peak), plus lots more.
Apply if you want to bring your innovation bent and product-obsession to help change the game in travel.
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.