Area Vice President, Sales
Area Vice President (AVP) is a Sales Leadership function that leads a team of 1st and 2nd line sales leaders responsible for developing, managing and closing business within large target accounts in our Strategic and Enterprise focused sales organizations. This role will be responsible for managing the sales process around the complete HashiCorp portfolio of software products to key account clients within a large territory focusing on Enterprise customers.
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- At least 5 years formal sales leadership experience (at least 3yrs in 2nd/3rd Line formal leadership) building and leading high performance sales teams that deliver overachievement. Proven experience in recruiting, developing, and leading professional sales teams of 50 or more people.
- Consistent overachievement in previous results related to sales KPIs
- History of recruiting and developing both leaders and ICs on your teams in high growth companies
- Possess well-developed communication and presentation skills; able to communicate at the CxO level.
- Integrity and “lead by example” mentality are hallmarks of your leadership style
- Humility with an infectious intellectual curiosity to be a constant learner vs the smartest person in the room
- Believe in a metrics driven approach to sales success and a history of using that belief to create your successes
- Significant Enterprise Sales and strategic customer development experience
- Physically reside in the geography you would be leading with the expectation to travel 3-4 days a week.
- Experience in Open Source Software and DevOps business models is preferred but not required, proficient in concepts around Cloud and infrastructure is a minimum
- Track record in closing large, complex deals across verticals in the Fortune 500 down through the Global 2000.
- Creation and execution of quarterly and annual business plans
- History of accurate forecasting and business reporting
- Significant experience in selling disruptive technology into focused markets
- Experience in working with SalesForce and other sales oriented tracking tools
Lead a team of 1st and 2nd Line Leaders and their respective Individual Sales Contributors:
- Ensure we are hitting revenue and hiring targets ALWAYS within the bounds of ethics
- Create new and adapt too existing processes for repeatability/scalability and ultimately success
- Engage new and existing Open Source users of HashiCorp to provide value around how users can be more successful with our technology portfolio
- Engage in significant Outbound activity. Making use of the tools available (yesware, discoverorg, Sales navigator, etc.)
- Recruit and hire top talent providing career development and performance management to so that team members meet and/or exceed quota.
- Build a solid operating cadence and team/individual focus around pipeline, forecasting, deal review, sales execution, deployment and revenue realization.
- Proactively and efficiently manage resources with dedicated teams, virtual teams, and executive staff around opportunities to ensure successful outcomes
- Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns with multiple prospect engagement points in Development, IT Operations, and Security Operations
- Align the overall HashiCorp solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Execute solution and value selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure strategic commercial commitments
- Create a healthy pipeline of revenue and new logos for your target accounts.
- Accurately forecast business on a quarterly cadence
- Regular Air Travel is required 3-4 days a week.
- Correctly estimate qualifying opportunities based on BANT
- Effectively and timely communicate with management, legal and deal desk to ensure proper execution of documents and correct process; and follow instructions or recommendations set by these teams and company management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.