At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, or the Netherlands. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
The HashiCorp Engineering Services team is committed to supporting all of our product teams in their delivery of high-quality software, which meets all of the obligations of our contributors, practitioners, and customers. Engineering Services support the product teams in three key areas: release engineering, software compliance, and internal systems and tooling. Our team members specialize in one of the three areas and several team members are embedded on a product team to help improve the delivery of the product.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Drive the research and testing of systems to help meet the needs of our Engineering team, including writing RFCs to show what thoughts and considerations went into the selection of the system.
- Build out the cloud-based infrastructure for the systems we run using Terraform, Packer, and additional infrastructure as code tools.
- Maintain and improve the systems we run.
- Develop a mature monitoring and alerting methodology for our systems.
- Support the usage of our AWS, Azure and Google Cloud accounts.
- Provide occasional after-hours support for our tools in the event of an outage.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You are comfortable and enthusiastic about adopting the HashiCorp way of building systems using an infrastructure as code approach and taking advantage of immutable infrastructure.
- You have hands-on experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Salt. A thoughtful understanding about when and how to use them.
- You are comfortable taking responsibility for the management and maintenance of an automated infrastructure.
- You have experience operating AWS, Azure or Google Cloud including access control (IAM) and some network topology design.
- You have experience using source management tools like Git.
- You have experience with monitoring and alerting as a means of creating a more proactive uptime.
- You have a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- You are driven to make iterative improvements as we mature our systems and organization.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect to how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.