HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with infrastructure automation solutions. Our product suite (Terraform, Vault, Consul, and Nomad) provides a consistent approach to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. We're designing and building the future of infrastructure tooling. That's where you come in: we're looking for experienced product design leaders to join our rapidly growing team.
As a Product Design Manager, you will lead a team of designers, providing direction and guidance, defining best practices for the design process and partnership cross-functionally. You're someone with a strong design background, with an exceptional portfolio highlighting outcomes, who's moved into management to help other designers, providing mentorship and career development, ultimately creating a space for them to do their best work with their product teams.
Our design team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Hire, manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers
- Lead your team effectively, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the work
- Focus the team, and company, on the user, making sure we're solving the right problems with the best solutions
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to define requirements, and successfully execute
- Collaborate with the Design and HashiCorp leadership to set vision and strategy for key design objectives
- Be the first manager on the Product Design team reporting to the Director of Product Design
- Contribute to our growing design team and design culture at HashiCorp
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- A minimum of 3 years managing a group of designers
- Experience managing a remote distributed team of reasonable size
- Have a passion for scaling design within an organization and hiring talented designers
- Are a manager who leads by example, through their experience in the design practice, and can help solve challenging problems in a complex space
- Experience designing enterprise SaaS products
- Phenomenal communication skills for working across the organization, capable of building strong relationships with peers and leadership
- Experience helping teams navigate ambiguity, strategically plan, and deliver
- The ability to work well in an ego-free, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
- A dedication to modeling and supporting a positive and healthy work life balance
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.