Product Manager - Cloud Services
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
About the Role
The Cloud Services team is a newly created organization working towards delivering our software as a Cloud service. As HashiCorp moves toward this goal, there is an increasing need for a unified set of services to provide core cloud functionalities, like billing, identity, UI, user analytics, and business intelligence.
As a Product Manager for Cloud Services, you will drive the development of backend Cloud Services components, working with cloud providers, external customers, and multiple internal engineering and product teams. You will identify and define graceful abstractions to serve as common components that satisfy the needs of multiple products, and oversee the execution of these efforts across engineering, design, UX, and marketing.
Specific responsibilities include writing technical requirements for Cloud Services core services and features that will impact external customers and internal product teams. If you’re interested in working on next-generation distributed systems for managing large-scale global fleets of resources, are able to discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex systems, and have built or managed a large scale Cloud service, then you may be a good fit for this role.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from practitioners, engineering, growth marketing, and the HashiCorp vision
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 3+ years of product management experience with SaaS, Cloud services, or developer products
- 1+ years of experience with open source products and communities
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple partners towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make trade-offs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- You can listen to understand
- You know how to explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- You are reflective
- You are responsible and can take ownership over work
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1