HashiCorp builds devops tools for modern applications. We build open source tools, and enterprise products on top of them. The HashiCorp suite empowers organizations to provision hybrid cloud infrastructure, secure secrets across distributed applications, and run dynamic resources.
At HashiCorp, we value collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp’s Vagrant is an open source tool for building and distributing development environments. It provides declarative, config-driven engine to manage environments on local virtualized platforms such as VirtualBox or VMware, in the cloud via AWS or OpenStack, or in containers such as with Docker or raw LXC.
We want you to contribute to the development and maintenance of Vagrant and Vagrant Cloud, in tight collaboration with the large and growing Vagrant community, utilizing software engineering skills to work across a diverse set of infrastructure providers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support new and existing Vagrant drivers and providers
- Contribute to Vagrant's integrations with other HashiCorp projects, such as Packer and Terraform
- Help support open source contributors, new and seasoned, with supportive and constructive code review, documentation improvements, and workflow changes
- Advocate and support improvements to Vagrant internals and exposed APIs
- Work on Vagrant issues and improvements critical to the success of HashiCorp customers and the broader community
- Support Vagrant Cloud, the mature Vagrant box-sharing SaaS
You may be a good fit for our team if you have some combination of:
- Comfort with a scripting language (like Ruby) and a typed language (like Go)
- Experience with customer support or OSS community support (to help interface with the Vagrant community)
- Interest in virtual machine/container concepts and ecosystem
- Experience with operating systems other than Linux and OS X
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.