HashiCorp builds DevOps tools for modern applications. We build open source tools, and we also build enterprise products on top of them. The HashiCorp suite empowers organizations to provision hybrid cloud infrastructure, secure secrets across distributed applications, and run dynamic resources.
At HashiCorp, we value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
HashiCorp’s Terraform is an open source project that enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve production infrastructure via the CLI. It codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared among team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
Terraform Cloud is built on top of our open source project Terraform. Terraform Enterprise is the best way to collaborate, validate, and execute Terraform in organizations large and small. Check out our demo to learn more.
Our product is deployed to customers in a multi-tenant SaaS environment and as a single-tenant installation within private networks.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build, iterate on, and ship features to make working with Terraform Enterprise a phenomenal experience for HashiCorp customers
- Contribute to various parts of our product, which consists of a Ruby on Rails backend, an Ember.js frontend, and distributed Go services
- Help own operations, reliability, availability, and security of the SaaS and private installations
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You have experience running, testing, and contributing to some of the following:
- a backend application (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js)
- a frontend application (e.g., Ember.js, React)
- distributed services (e.g., Go, Java)
- You have experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment
- You are familiar with Terraform
- You are familiar with infrastructure management concepts and ecosystem
- You are familiar with distributed systems concepts
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, please apply anyway!
All work requires excellent written communication skills, remote work doubly so. For this reason, we require a cover letter for your application to be considered complete. In your cover letter, please describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular! Specifics of your past experiences that are relevant to this role are great to include, too.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #L1-MM1