HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
As a Product Education Engineer at HashiCorp, you will become an expert in Vault (including Vault Enterprise) and teach others to become experts. You will be the source of truth for operational recommended practices, implementation guidance, and solution architecture.
Vault is a security and encryption tool that is operated entirely in code and on the command line. Vault Enterprise builds on that with features for collaboration and governance. For this role you should be comfortable working with code and the command line.
This role is cross-functional between product, engineering, sales engineering, and customer success. You should be excited about taking feedback and requests from the field, coming up with creative solutions to real-world problems, and documenting those solutions for others to learn from. You should be passionate about devops, teaching, and education — both internally for HashiCorp employees and externally for HashiCorp users.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Write beginner, intermediate, and expert training materials to be delivered in-person by HashiCorp trainers and online
- Write recommended practice guides for using Vault in a production setting
- Write guides for teams who are collaborating around Vault Enterprise
- Collaborate with engineering and support staff to write internal troubleshooting and deployment guides for Vault
- Write clear guides for specific Vault use cases
- Create hands-on coding exercises to help practitioners become confident with Vault
- Create slides and diagrams to explain the concepts around using Vault
- Record product demos using screen capture software
- Explore other teaching tools for educating users on Vault
- Educate HashiCorp sales engineers on the new functionality in each Vault release
- Collaborate with sales engineers and solution architects to understand customer use cases and document solutions
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role such as technical trainer, sales engineer, technical account manager, customer success engineer, enterprise architect, software engineer, or other relevant work experience.
- Experience running command line applications and developing/deploying web applications to the cloud is required.
- Experience with any cloud hosting provider is required (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, or any other)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - this will be tested during the interview process.
- Experience in teaching or education. This could be as a technical evangelist, tutor, or mentor.
- Genuine curiosity in learning how to learn and how to teach others to learn efficiently.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience operating and maintaining Vault in a production environment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with audio/video (recording, microphones, Adobe Premiere Pro, Screenflow or Camtasia) is preferred but not required.
- Experience with graphic design or visual explanations in preferred but not required.
- Experience delivering curriculum, exams, and certifications via training partners is preferred but not required.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1