Senior Enterprise Architect
Location: Chicago, IL (Remote)
HashiCorp provides many of the world's most innovative companies with the infrastructure automation capabilities they need as they move to cloud.
As an Enterprise Architect at HashiCorp, you will work in a high performance team environment to deliver best in class solutions for our largest Enterprise Clients by providing technical expertise, specialist architectural ownership and solution management. You will provide a single point of accountability for architectural concerns to all internal and external stakeholders associated with assigned Enterprise Clients.
The Enterprise Architecture team at HashiCorp is a small tight-knit, highly respected, remote-based group of SME's that love their careers and the DevOps field. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Along with your resume, please provide a cover letter describing why you're passionate about working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular. We encourage you to provide specifics of your past professional experience that are relevant to this position and the opportunity. If after reading through the job description and requirements you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements or not, please do apply so we can start a conversation!
In this role you can expect to:
- Work with Client technical audiences and Client executives as a trusted technical advisor and partner
- Communicate the value proposition of the HashiCorp Product Suite to Client executives
- Articulate the technical functionality of the HashiCorp Product Suite to multiple Client technical audiences (development, operations, security)
- Work with key stakeholders and SME's to build a holistic view of the Client strategy, processes and integration of the HashiCorp Product Suite
- Work with HashiCorp Product Management to translate Client business opportunities into technical solutions and new product requirements
- Craft and improve recommended architectural patterns and use-cases to ease adoption of the HashiCorp Product Suite
- Help foster an environment for ongoing strategic customer success
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You embody our HashiCorp principles
- You have deep technical expertise in infrastructure management, application deployment and practical security methodology
- You’re proficient and/or have experience with concepts and technologies used in development, operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- You’re proficient with HashiCorp tools such as Terraform, Consul, Nomad and Vault
- You have experience in major transformation efforts involving significant organization, process and technology change
- You’re able to work well in a highly dynamic environment that focuses on providing above industry standard customer service
- You have a B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- You’re a cloud infrastructure certified professional (eg AWS, Azure, GCP)
- You’re comfortable with national and occasionally global travel
What this role is NOT responsible for:
- Direct contribution to the HashiCorp Product Suite through development and delivery of product roadmap or architecture
- Working within the Engineering organization as a team member contributing to product development
About HashiCorp and this opportunity
At HashiCorp, we are committed to hiring and cultivating a diverse team. You will have the opportunity to work with a fast-paced, ambitious team. HashiCorp is a series D start-up in San Francisco that is best known for creating a suite of software tools that help enterprise companies automate their infrastructure and also helps them migrate to the cloud. HashiCorp’s software suite allows users to provision, secure and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-JN1