What we do:
Halcyon is the industry’s first dedicated, adaptive security platform that combines multiple proprietary advanced prevention engines along with AI models focused specifically on stopping ransomware.
Who we are:
Halcyon was formed in 2021 by a team of cyber industry veterans after battling the scourge of ransomware (and advanced threats) for years at some of the largest global security vendors. Comprised of leaders from Cylance (now Blackberry), Accuvant (now Optiv), and ISS X-Force (now IBM), Halcyon is focused on building products and solutions for mid-market and enterprise customers.
What we offer:
A Remote Native Global Team
As a remote-first, completely distributed team, we recognize great talent can exist anywhere. We invite you to apply to a job you’re interested in and we'll work a plan to meet your needs.
Health & Wellness
We offer comprehensive health benefits to meet you and your family’s needs, including 100% covered Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for you and all your dependents.
Competitive Compensation Packages
We offer competitive compensation packages with equity, depending on position, along with a generously matched retirement plan, PTO, paid sick time and holidays.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Windows Kernel Engineer to move our endpoint component to the next level. You will be working within a distributed team of fellow engineers delivering thoroughly tested and benchmarked code.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement kernel-mode components to interact with our user-mode agent.
- Implement security measures to protect the driver and related processes.
- Implement performant communication channels to transmit information from the kernel to user-mode applications.
- Implement tools to ensure the quality and security of the kernel component.
- Keep the Kernel Driver up to date to support the latest Microsoft Windows Releases and Patches.
- Implement and maintain integration components between Kernel Drivers and Windows Services.
What you have done:
- Implementing and delivering Windows mini-filter drivers for endpoint products.
- Debugging memory corruption issues, process contentions and system performance.
- Developing full-fledge C++ applications that can use the Windows API adequately.
- Developing light-weight and highly performing components.
- Developing with Object Oriented Programming principles.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.