Guidepoint’s Information Technology (IT) team provides the structure for all departments within the company and all offices across the globe to operate smoothly. As Guidepoint continues to grow, IT constantly manages and updates workflows to continue to provide functionality and facilitate the flow of information. The IT Operations team is taking on challenges to improve our support and delivery to optimize the seamless experience for our users.
The role supports the Desktop Infrastructure and IT operations for Guidepoint offices.This includes installing, configuring, diagnosing, repairing and upgrading hardware and software applications. Experience with IT setups, building computers, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Setting up and configuring new desktops and users (Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and to assist with desktop moves and re-cabling)
- Learn to troubleshoot network issues, desktop application issues, security issues (Anti-virus, malware, etc)
- Printers; presentation devices
- Learning remote support to global users
- Manage and support mobile devices
- Assist with Inventory management
- Research on new technology; Being a quick learner and willingness to support the team for operational excellence.
What You Have:
- OS: Working knowledge of Windows OS. (Mac/Linux a plus)
- Networking: LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory
- Security: Data & Network security
- Messaging: POP3/IMAP/SMTP; Exchange; Blackberry; MS Outlook
- Hardware: Dell Desktops, Printers/Copiers/Fax;
- Virtualization: Server and Desktop virtualization technology
- Applications: Basic Desktop applications,
- Application deployment and updates as needed
- Data recovery tools, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, etc
- Telecommunication: Data and voice circuits; Avaya IP Phones; Mobile devices
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies.