About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
At Gemini, our mission is to unlock the next era of financial, creative, and personal freedom.
In the United States, we have a flexible hybrid work policy for employees who live within 30 miles of our office headquartered in New York City. Employees within the New York Metropolitan area are expected to work from the NYC office twice a week, unless there is a job-specific requirement to be in the office every workday. Employees outside of this area are considered part of our remote-first workforce. We believe our hybrid approach for those near our NYC office increases productivity through more in-person collaboration where possible.
The Department: Institutional Sales
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit, even for institutional clients. In Gemini Institutional, we build deep partnerships with our clients and we are here to support and enable their digital asset endeavors.
The Role: Principal, Bitcoin Mining Sales Coverage
This is the perfect role for someone who has spent some time honing their institutional sales and trading skills within both a traditional financial services firm and a crypto native platform. This person will be responsible for generating and managing their own independent pipeline of prospective clients, specifically in the bitcoin miner client vertical. In addition, this person must be a strategic thinker who can help product managers effectively prioritize critical client feedback to influence the development of new product features and innovations.
- Identify and leverage trends in the bitcoin mining industry in order to grow the mining client population on the platform
- Own the entire client lifecycle from prospecting, onboarding, trading, and ongoing account management
- Work with clients directly on OTC transactions, both spot and derivatives, partnering with the OTC trading team
- Supervise the DDQ / RFP process with large institutional clients
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience, preferably in an institutional sales or trading role for a traditional investment bank, asset manager, brokerage firm, or crypto native platform
- Experience with OTC derivative sales and trading
- Demonstrate a track record of interest in digital assets
- Approach every project with a beginner’s mind, ready to challenge the status quo
- Ability to execute quickly and decisively in ambiguous situations
It Pays to Work Here
The compensation & benefits package for this role includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: The base salary for this role is $150,000 in the State of New York, the State of California and the State of Washington. This base is not inclusive of the role's commission structure or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.