About the Company
Gemini is a global crypto and Web3 platform founded by Tyler Winklevoss and Cameron Winklevoss in 2014. Gemini offers a wide range of crypto products and services for individuals and institutions in over 70 countries.
Our flagship product, the Gemini Exchange, was built to be a compliant and secure platform to buy, sell, and store crypto. Our suite of retail products includes ActiveTrader, a high-performance platform for advanced traders. Gemini also offers the Gemini Credit Card providing real-time crypto rewards, the Gemini dollar (GUSD), a U.S. dollar-backed stablecoin, and Gemini Staking, allowing users to securely stake their tokens on-chain and receive rewards. Nifty Gateway, Gemini's NFT platform, is the world's premier marketplace for NFTs and digital art.
Gemini customers also have access to a wide range of institutional products tailor-made for high-net-worth individuals, asset and wealth managers, and hedge funds and liquidity providers seeking exposure to crypto. Customers looking to place large orders can use Gemini eOTC, a fully-electronic over-the-counter trading platform built for high-value bulk orders. For wealth management professionals, we offer a unique destination for their clients’ crypto portfolios from a single platform, and we enable fully electronic clearing and settlement of off-exchange crypto trades.
The Department: Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as NFTs. Nifty Gateway was founded in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
The Role: Senior Manager, Software Engineering
As we are building out Nifty's engineering organization, we're looking for you to provide engineering leadership for Nifty Gateway, overseeing enterprise platform and infrastructure areas, taking ownership of growth engineering and data driven decision making responsibility. You are expected to lead with Gemini’s engineering culture value, scale engineering organization, coaching and developing leaders in the team and building partnerships with cross-functional leaders in the same space.
- Define and own NG’s system engineering, platform and data engineering strategies around Nifty’s enterprise products and technical foundations, aligning our roadmap and talent strategy with the company’s strategic plans.
- Define how technologies and products drive growth of our business and deliver value to our customers.
- Find and develop great talent.
- Deliver products that delight customers while managing the health of the code base through continuous refactoring and management of technical debt.
- Champion the culture, processes, and tools required to maintain a frictionless high-quality development environment while being an expert at agile continuous delivery, DevOps and TDD/BDD.
- Dive deep into technology and are on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our team.
- Provide coaching and leadership in software best practices, automated test strategies, and work toward flattening the cost of change curve for our software products and services.
- Build analytics and data driven decision making capabilities to provide customer workflow insights our customers by providing insights into their workflows.
- Find and develop great talents. Recruit, hire and retain a representative team of talents in software engineer, data engineer, data analytics and DS/ML practices.
- Provide technical guidance to our Gemini Data Engineering and BI leaders and their teams to build a world-class data infrastructure and platform for all of Gemini.
- 10+ years of combined software development and management experience across multiple languages and frameworks or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years hands on software development or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years managing software organizations or equivalent experience.
- An interest in and general understanding of art, fashion, sports, e-sports and/or collectibles industries.
- Demonstrated track record of building high performing, secure applications and building consumer facing products.
- You obsess over great user experiences and will be a partner to product management/engineering, sales, operations, and other parts of the business.
- Experience in high growth environments and drive business growth.
- Demonstrated track record leading geographically dispersed teams.
- Your skills are language, framework and toolset agnostic, having worked in at least three languages or paradigms, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with advanced web applications.
- Experience with large complex data ecosystems and data quality and lifecycle issue.
- A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it.
- Knowledge and experience in high scale, highly available (99.99+) system.
- SaaS or Cloud experience.
- Prior experience building a customer facing insights visualization.
- Prior experience with full stack SaaS development.
- Basic understanding of blockchain technology, including the Ethereum blockchain and smart contracts.
- Knowledge of NFTs and Ethereum protocols is also hugely helpful.
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.