Why join us?
FogPharma® is pioneering the discovery, development, and commercialization of HeliconTM peptides, an exciting new drug modality that uniquely combines the cell-permeability of traditional small molecule drugs with the specificity, broad target accessibility and discovery speed of monoclonal antibody drugs. Our patented Helicon peptide technology allows us to modulate the activity of well-known intracellular disease drivers that have thus far evaded small molecule and biologic therapies.
FogPharma’s lead program targets β-Catenin, a cancer driver in the WNT pathway. Inhibition of β-Catenin has the potential to benefit more than one-fifth of all cancer patients, and is just one of many opportunities for Fog’s lead-discovery platform to change future medicines, therapies and lives. We recently selected a lead development candidate and plan to initiate clinical development early next year.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for a motivated biochemist to join a multidisciplinary team that discovers novel inhibitors of undruggable disease targets. You will have an opportunity to work on a diverse range of proteins with high medical and biological relevance, but that are out of reach for traditional therapeutic modalities. Your role will be to profile the biochemical and biophysical activity of novel Helicons that target these undruggable proteins and develop a deep understanding of their mode of action. Ideal candidates will have a broad knowledge of biochemical assay development and protein biochemistry, and an interest in working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Lead the design and implementation of robust and rigorous screening strategies to evaluate protein-protein and protein-ligand interactions.
- Elucidate the mode of action of Helicons towards the intended target through the application of biochemical, biophysical and enzymological methods.
- Analyze and interpret data, including presentation at program team meetings, and work closely with members of the Chemistry and Biology teams to progress Helicons towards the clinic.
- Proactively evaluate new technologies, be fully versed with current research literature, and implement new features and functionality into the company’s screening platform.
- Establish processes for detailed, accurate, auditable record keeping; work with the internal LIMS system to effectively track all experiments.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related field.
- 2+ years industry experience required.
- Experience with biochemical protein-protein interactions and activity-based assay technologies (g. FP, SPR/Biacore, TR-FRET, Alpha Screen).
- Experience developing and running plate-based assays (hands-on experience with laboratory automation is a strong plus).
- A solid background in protein biochemistry, including in-depth understanding of protein-protein interactions, enzyme kinetics, and mechanism-of-action studies. Familiarity with interpretation of protein structural models is a plus.
- Experience with E3 ligases and the ubiquitin-proteasome system is a strong plus.
- Strong project and personnel management skills with the ability to deliver scientifically rigorous results on schedule in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment; experience managing and fostering the development of a productive and innovative team.
- A personality of risk-taking, positivity, leadership, adaptability, adventurousness, and excitement to build a pioneering company and work in a dynamic, goal- and performance-oriented team environment.
- Able to work on-site and attend in-person meetings (Fog employees are required to be fully vaccinated to attend in-person work-related activities. Reasonable Accommodations will be made for individuals with a sincerely held religious belief or disability who are not vaccinated)
As an equal opportunity employer, Fog values diversity and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds and experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
30 Acorn Park Drive | Cambridge, MA 02140 | www.fogpharma.com