Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Research Associate II, Analytical Testing, will be responsible for performing various analytical assays, including but not limited to ddPCR, RT-qPCR, ELISA, enzymatic assays, and cell-based assays, to characterize several gene therapy vectors.
We are searching for driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multi-tasking and working independently on various aspects of viral vector analysis.
This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
- Perform various analytical procedures needed to support vector platform and process development activities. This includes but is not limited to ddPCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR, ELISA, enzymatic assays, and cell-based assays.
- Operate and maintain standard laboratory equipment and department-specific equipment. Troubleshoot equipment within scope of experience.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation. Contributes to the development of improved documentation processes.
- Use spreadsheet and word processing software to analyze data and produce accurate, concise data summaries.
- Assist in preparing experimental protocols, project summaries, and technical reports.
- Prepare written and oral reports for presentation to the supervisor(s) and at departmental meetings.
- Maintain reagent and equipment inventories, order supplies and clean laboratory areas, hoods and common equipment.
- Perform additional job-related duties as required.
- BS in biology, chemistry or relevant field and 2+ years experiences.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic with track-record of accomplishments in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated, curious, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in common analytical techniques, such as PCR, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting and ELISA.
- At least 1 year industry experience with an emphasis on analytical testing or analytical development.
- Experience in a QC/GMP testing environment a plus.
- Experience with electronic laboratory notebook applications, such as Benchling.
- Basic knowledge and application of theories, principles and techniques in molecular biology and cell biology.