Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company within the Flagship Pioneering Portfolio founded in 2019. Montai Health’s mission is to improve health outcomes for as many people as possible by unlocking the power of natural bioactives to more rapidly develop safe and efficacious therapies to treat and preempt disease. We do that through our CONECTA™ platform which comprehensively maps Anthromolecule bioactivity across pathways that drive disease. The CONECTA platform leverages rapid and ever-growing advancements in the digitization of natural chemistry and human biology coupled with powerful computational tools for linking chemical structure and bioactivity. This confluence of biotechnologies enables Montai to build a powerful, one-of-a-kind discovery platform focused on creating safe, effective, and more human-centric medicines than ever before.
We know that pioneering is an expedition. Our values reflect our mission and our culture:
- Human driven pioneering
- Relentless hunger for impact
- Interdependently ambitious
- Inclusive courage
Please join us on our expedition! For more information, please visit www.montai.com.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Systems Biology and Data Science to lead our systems biology and platform data strategy and drive external data access and collaborations. This role will serve as a thought leader driving the computational strategy and systems biology development for our exciting platform reporting to the CTO.
The successful candidate will be results-driven executive with a proven track record in managing and driving project success as a computational leader in the pharma/biotech industry, preferably with small molecule programs. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, knowledge of computational and systems biology, data strategy, and experience managing internal and external teams.
- Develop our data strategy to acquire or create new data sources, as well as tools for simulation, visualization, and integration with our biology team, ensuring data flows and compliance with applicable regulations.
- Identify and establish partnerships with external partners and vendors to obtain critical data to support target identification, compound discovery, and drug development.
- Serve as a thought leader and strategy lead on computational and systems biology in the development of the platform and partner on advancing our pipeline
- Lead the development and implementation of systems biology, translational bioinformatics, and data science approaches to address discovery, early development and clinical development needs across therapeutic areas – including disease pathway ranking, patient subtyping and biomarker identification.
- Lead the continued identification and exploration of molecules with a history of human consumption to build our Anthrographs™
- Grow and lead a team of skilled bioinformatic and computational scientists, data scientists and engineers
- 8+ Years of Data Science or Systems Biology experience in Pharma, PhD in computational biology, statistical genetics, systems biology, or related field.
- Strong track record of developing therapeutics using a systems biology approach focused on pathways in either the discovery or development process
- Experience working with or building platforms for target or therapeutic discovery
- Track record of leading and managing data partnerships with vendors or partners
- 5+ years of direct supervisory experience leading a team of scientists (including PhD-level scientists) and a track record of recruiting, mentoring, and developing top talent.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, networking, and program leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment as a team player with a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency and creativity and focus on deliverables.
- Team player with a strong work ethic, able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Continuously learns and adapts quickly to new information
- Authentic, proactively appreciative of different points of view, backgrounds and perspectives
Values and Behaviors
We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication skills, outstanding organization skills and impeccable record keeping, and comfort working in and contributing to a dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The level of the role will be commensurate with the education and years of experience of the identified candidate.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.