FL87, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a novel approach to gene therapy that can address currently untreatable diseases.
FL87 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 100 groundbreaking companies over the past twenty years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Generate Biomedicines, Tessera Tx, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
We are searching for an experienced Senior/Principal Scientist to drive in vivo studies for platform development and therapeutic proof-of-principle. More broadly, we are looking for an individual who enjoys working with animal models and brings scientific rigor, intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, and a desire to innovate new nucleic acid therapeutics. This individual will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, working both independently and as part of a highly collaborative and rapidly growing team.
- Lead the design, planning, execution, and analysis of animal experiments to assess in vivo efficacy, safety, and PK/PD profiles of novel nucleic acid therapeutics.
- Provide scientific and technical perspectives to advance platform development.
- Initiate and oversee collaborations with internal/external collaborators and CROs.
- Develop in-house capabilities to support work performed at CROs.
- Effectively communicate experimental findings in oral, written, and visual formats.
- Work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- PhD in relevant discipline with >5 years of industry experience.
- Extensive experience designing in vivo studies, ideally involving LNP delivery and/or nucleic acid based therapeutics in rat, mouse, and NHP.
- Extensive experience performing in vivo procedures in rodents, including preparation and administration of therapeutics (via intravenous, oral gavage, intraperitoneal, and subcutaneous routes) and collecting material (blood, tissue, etc.) for ex vivo analysis.
- Experience planning and executing non-human-primate experiments.
- Extensive experience with tissue processing and ex vivo analytical assays such as ELISA, FACS, MSD, qPCR, etc.
- Experience with various mouse and rat models of diseases is highly desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and rapidly growing biotech environment.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model.
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.