What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs 75, Inc. (FL75) is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of multi-specific medicines to deliberately and systematically drug complex biology. FL75 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional computational scientist to join our team.
FL75 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Labs 75, Inc is looking for an enthusiastic and motivational leader to head our Protein Sciences team. This individual will lead an established team of protein scientists responsible for the design and engineering of therapeutic biologics. This is an exciting opportunity to lead and grow the Protein Sciences team to your vision while strengthening FL75’s platform for designing biologics to support our mission. Rank will be matched to the level of experience.
- Direct early-stage biologics engineering programs that demonstrate our technology platform.
- Guide project leads in the Protein Sciences team to design engineered proteins, monoclonal/bispecific antibodies and other biologics of interest to the company.
- Contribute scientific expertise to strategic decision making and technical innovation within the Protein Sciences group
- Successfully collaborate across the company to effectively achieve experimental and organizational goals and ensure protein production is aligned to needs of projects and other groups
- Identify and integrate state-of-the-art technologies to further enhance the capabilities and throughput of the Protein Sciences group
- Balance external (CRO) and internal resources to solve problems and drive progress
- Provide leadership and coordination to the team and provide direction for their career development
- Present results and conclusions to the team/ company and at conferences.
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular or structural biology, or related disciplines with at least 10 years post-PhD research experience, 5 of which in a biotech or large Pharma setting.
- Have expertise and in-depth knowledge of antibody, bispecifics and Fc fusion design, expression and production with a strong track record in advancing programs in an industry setting
- Have extensive hands-on industry expertise in biochemical, biophysical and structural characterization of antibody therapeutics in various formats
- Experience with managing antibody discovery and protein production at CROs
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and building effective teams as an enthusiastic, resourceful, and effective people manager.
- Have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effortlessly and cross-functionally with multiple teams, academic collaborators and partners.
- Highly motivated strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, inclusive, ethical, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment of a small biotech.
- Experience with antibody discovery: immunization and display based techniques
- Experience with driving biologics programs to clinical trials
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.