Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
We are looking for a Sr. Research Associate to join the Antibody Engineering team to advance our antibody discovery platform. The successful candidate will have a strong hands-on experience in antibody expression, purification and characterization. The Sr. Research Associate will work closely with other individuals across the formulation, analytical development and platform teams in Tessera. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- Design and source DNA constructs used for protein expression.
- Perform plasmid transfection in mammalian cells (CHO or HEK293) for antibody expression.
- Antibody or other biologics purification by the affinity chromatography using AKTA Pure.
- Characterize and quality control of purified protein using variety of analytical methods (SEC, Mass-Spec, SDS-PAGE, etc.)
- Maintain a detailed and well-organized record of experiments in electronic notebook.
- Present research updates and participate constructively in working project teams and at lab meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player.
- BS./M.S. in biochemistry, molecular biology, protein chemistry or related fields.
- 2+ years relevant experiences in industry or academic setting.
- Experiences with mammalian suspension cell culture, such as CHO and HEK293 cells.
- Knowledge of recombinant protein, antibody and other biologics expression.
- Experiences in protein purification using AKTA.
- Knowledge of protein characterization and quality control.
- Adaptability to the fast-paced and highly dynamic environment, able to maintain efficient cross-functional communication.
- Attention to detail, self-motivated
Working knowledge of antibody engineering is a bonus.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.