Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing™— a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
We are looking for a Scientist I/II to join the Antibody Engineering team to advance our antibody discovery platform. The successful candidate will have a strong background in state-of-the-art antibody discovery and engineering technologies, antibody expression, purification and characterization. The candidate’s familiarity in engineering variety of protein scaffolds (peptides, scFv, Fab, VHH) and drug-like properties by display technologies will be desirable. This Scientist will work closely with other individuals across formulation, analytical development and platform teams in Tessera. We are searching for a driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team.
- Devise and execute antibody discovery campaign strategies including phage display and/or yeast display approaches to identify desirable antibodies against diverse targets.
- Apply computational tools and antibody engineering expertise to design and execute humanization, affinity and developability optimization.
- Performing antibody production, characterization and biochemical / biophysical analysis.
- Close collaboration with formulation group, deliver protein preparations and data packages in a timely manner to the project team.
- Cross functional collaboration with in vitro/in vivo team to ID lead antibody and provide biologics advice.
- Present research updates and participate constructively in working project teams and at laboratory group meetings.
- Help maintain laboratory instrumentation to ensure proper functioning.
- BS./M.S. in biochemistry, molecular biology, protein chemistry or related fields with 6+ years relevant experiences in an industry setting, or Ph.D. in molecular biology, protein engineering, antibody engineering with 2+ years academic postdoc or industry experience is required.
- General knowledge and understanding the workflows of antibody discovery and development.
- Experience in antibody discovery, engineering, optimization by using in vitro display techniques (yeast or phage display).
- Experience in recombinant protein, antibody and other biologics expression, purification and characterization.
- Highly organized, motivated and self-initiated, with the ability to prioritize and solve challenges.
- Ability to adapt and respond to a fast-paced, dynamic environment while achieving progress with high scientific rigor and integrity.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.