What if…you could tell the story of an organization that creates, resources, and builds bioplatform companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering has conceived of and created companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Editas Medicine (NASDAQ: EDIT), Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Indigo Agriculture. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures. In 2021, Flagship Pioneering was ranked 12th globally on Fortune’s “Change the World” list, an annual ranking of companies that have made a positive social and environmental impact through activities that are part of their core business strategies.
Flagship Pioneering is looking to hire a Director of Benefits to drive value through the design and implementation of business aligned benefits strategy across North America, United Kingdom and Canada and other countries as we grow. This person will be a key member of the HR – Total Rewards team leading the maturity growth and evolution of our benefits function. This Director will partner with and influence a broad network of key leaders across affiliates to drive strategy implementation.
The Director of Benefits will provide oversight of all health care plans for the US, UK and Canada, including commuter benefits, lunch, wellness, time off, 401(K), non-qualified deferred compensation and other associated tasks within our Total Rewards and Human Resources team.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- In partnership with Total Rewards Set strategic direction for the benefit function and pursue high-level, long-term objectives.
- Proactively lead and negotiate and contract with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants and manage these relationships to contain costs and ensure service standards are met.
- Support senior Human Resources leadership through problem resolution and provide guidance and subject matter expertise.
- Oversee all Benefits communications, evaluate effectiveness of communications, recommend, and implement enhancements. Conduct Benefits Orientation and maintain slides etc. Update internal tools, Curie, ADP, enterprise etc and “how to” documents
- Maintain knowledge of benefit industry trends and prevailing practices among similar organizations. Conduct annual benefits benchmarking analysis
- Lead the creation and approval of benefits policies, partner with the legal and finance team on policies, updating when necessary
- Responsible for the Company’s continued compliance with PPACA, ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, EE01, 5500 and all federal, state, and local laws governing benefit plans and programs.
- Partner with PEOs to ensure country compliance obligation are met
- Provide direct supervision and development opportunities to Benefit Team members.
- Design process and oversight for leave administration
- Support employees to resolve issues and answer questions.
- Ensure carriers and vendors are providing the services as negotiated and communicated. Also, provide oversight of the numerous integration files in part by preforming enrollment audits periodically.
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- 8-10+ years of experience in U.S. or global benefits, 401(k), and corporate wellness programs
- Understanding of current U.S. laws and regulations (ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, PFL, and other benefit legislation)
- Experience working in the pharma or life sciences industry, or a similar highly competitive environment
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at once with limited guidance from leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of professional experience
- People management experience
Joining Flagship Pioneering will allow you to:
- Make an impact as part of a Fortune “Change the World” company
- Be energized by an exciting startup culture
- Surround yourself with inspirational colleagues and leaders
- Support innovative breakthroughs in health care and sustainability
- Expand your horizons with opportunities for professional growth
- Enjoy unparalleled employee benefits and rewards programs
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.