What if… you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Montai Health is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform for understanding and leveraging complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company leverages a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
At Montai, we nurture a bold, spirited and leading-edge culture dedicated to strengthening human health:
- We are one team with omnidirectional trust, empowered and accountable.
- We are strong as individuals but stronger as a team and we are committed to excellence.
- We have a sense of urgency and persistence and we are crazily confident that we can make a difference.
- We need to be comfortable with the uncomfortable and be rigorous and we recognize that failure is data.
- We care for diversity in people, thought, personality, opinions, background and distinctiveness.
- We have a sense of humor to help us manage through our strategic noise.
We are looking for an MLOps Engineer to join our small and growing team of machine learning scientists & engineers. This person will work within our Computational Modeling team and collaborate with our Data Innovation and Biology teams to:
- Help create streamlined and reproducible python development workflows for a small team of engineering-focused computational scientists and engineers.
- Enhance and maintain an internal self-service CI-CD system, supporting a dozen and counting software environments and build artifacts, and a test suite of unit and end-to-end tests.
- Design, build and maintain a self-service system for deploying internal-facing applications and infrastructure using AWS Cloudformation, including model visualization applications, model-specific interfaces and diagnostic tools, jupyter notebooks, and job status monitors.
- Optimize our team’s docker containers for size and reuse, managing large python, conda and pydata ecosystem dependency graphs.
- Help computational scientists understand and maintain their development environments better with documentation and developer tools.
- Define and deploy policies for internal identity and access management and security.
In this role, the Infrastructure Engineer will support tools and applications built and deployed with technologies such as,
- Orchestration and Runtime: Docker, ECS, Lambda, EC2
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS Cloudformation, AWS CDK
- CI/CD: Github Actions, AWS CodeBuild
- Source Control: Git, Github
- Package Management: Conda, Pip, pip-tools
- 5 years applied experience (academic and/or industry)
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field
- At least 3 years of experience developing production-scale software
- Linux proficiency and bash scripting ability
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency with Git
- Experience with at least one database, either relational or NoSQL
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a small team
- Experience in a scientific or healthcare field
- Experience in a high-growth startup
- Experience working directly with people with scientific backgrounds
- Agility: Ability to work in a high energy organization with evolving goals and deliverables
- Results Oriented: Self-motivated, curious, accomplishes goals with minimal oversight
- Communication: Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to work well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Authenticity: Ability to voice their opinion and provide insight to the broader team, even when holding a minority or “out of the box” opinion. Ability to thrive with input from a cross-functional team while remaining the unquestioned scientific expert
- Team player: Desire to routinely interact with and mentor team members
Location: Cambridge, MA
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).