Company Summary: Cellarity's mission is to bring breakthrough medicines to patients by completely redefining the way drugs are discovered. Founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2017, Cellarity is designing medicines against the cell as opposed to a single molecular target. The company has developed a unique combination of expertise across network biology, chemistry, high-resolution data, and machine learning to unlock new treatment options in a vast array of disease areas. Cellarity currently has drug discovery programs underway in metabolic disease, hematology, immuno-oncology and respiratory disease. The company has raised $123 million as part of a Series B funding round with contributions from world renown investors such as Blackrock, The Baupost Group, Banque Pictet, alongside Flagship Pioneering.
What if you could join a rapidly growing company and play a critical role in bringing new medicines to patients through looking at and treating disease in a revolutionary way?
What is this position all about?
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate with expertise in Cellular Biology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to enhance and expand our single cell biology platform engine. You will be responsible for generating large-scale data generation efforts and developing phenotypic assays. The successful candidate will work within our Platform Biology team, and closely with our Assay Development team, and state-of-the-art Tech team to build meaningful datasets that drive our machine learning approach. The ideal candidate must be independent, results driven, have excellent communication skills, be willing to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
What experiences will you need?
- Demonstrated experience in tissue culture with primary cells.
- Experience culturing suspension and adherent cells.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in biology (or related field) and laboratory experience.
- Experience working with small molecules preferred.
What would you be responsible for?
- Generate large single cell datasets to support platform expansion efforts.
- Develop and optimize cell-based phenotypic assays to validate and benchmark novel models.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to execute and analyze experiments and present experimental findings at internal meetings.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
What it’s like to work at Cellarity:
At Cellarity, we
- Push Boundaries: We create a legacy with breakthrough science in the service of patients.
- Act with urgency: We work quickly and with conviction, and are eager to learn from data to iterate.
- Own it: We transcend our job descriptions and relentlessly follow through on our commitments.
- Tell it like it is: We give regular feedback on behaviors and are accountable for how we treat people.
- Energize others: We are easy to work with and build strength from differing perspectives.
Cellarity is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Cellarity does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Cellarity or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Cellarity’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Cellarity, and Cellarity will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.