Apriori Bio is an early-stage biotechnology company with an ambitious and exciting mission: to design and produce next-generation vaccines that can protect against a wide range of the most dangerous and rapidly evolving infectious pathogen threats. The company is developing a revolutionary approach to this challenge and recruiting a team of top-tier experimental and computational scientists to build what it believes will be a powerful, first-in-category R&D platform.
Apriori Bio is a product of Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, which has also given rise to companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT). Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and detail-oriented research associate to join our quickly growing team and help develop a new class of vaccines. This is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven researcher with a strong set of wet lab skills spanning some or many of the following areas: molecular biology, molecular virology, protein engineering, immunoassay design, yeast display, FACS, high-throughput virus- and cell-based screening. The successful candidate will have ample opportunity to make impactful contributions on a weekly basis, and form an integral part of a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team at the interface of virology, machine learning and vaccine design.
- Collaborate with a team of scientists and research associates to design and execute well-controlled experiments
- Analyze data promptly to clearly depict and communicate results
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams and communicate results (i.e., presentations, writing reports)
- Maintain a detailed and up-to-date electronic laboratory notebook
- Maintain detailed organization systems for samples and reagents
- B.S. or M.S. in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, immunology, or related field, with 2+ years of research experience
- Strong hands-on experience in molecular biology, cellular biology and/or high-throughput assay design (including yeast surface display or yeast work)
- Stellar work ethic and a passion for benchwork
- A collaborative, team player and good lab citizen
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Effective and proactive communication
- Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Mammalian cell culture, transfection, qPCR, ELISAs, functional assays
- Virology and/or immunology-based assays such as flow cytometry, antibody binding and neutralization assays
- PCR, primer design, cloning, sequencing, and sequence analysis
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.