About Generate Biomedicines
Generate Biomedicines is a new kind of therapeutics company – existing at the intersection of machine learning, biological engineering, and medicine – pioneering Generative Biology™ to create breakthrough medicines where novel therapeutics are computationally generated, instead of being discovered. Generate has built a machine learning-powered biomedicines platform with the potential to generate new drugs across a wide range of biologic modalities. This platform represents a potentially fundamental shift in what is possible in the field of biotherapeutic development.
We pursue this audacious vision because we believe in the unique and revolutionary power of generative biology to radically transform the lives of billions, with an outsized opportunity for patients in need. We are seeking collaborative, relentless problem solvers that share our passion for impact to join us!
Generate was founded in 2018 by Flagship Pioneering and has received over $420 million in funding, providing the resources to rapidly scale the organization. The Company has offices in Cambridge, Somerville, and Andover with approximately 150 employees.
We are seeking creative, curious, and resourceful team members who operate at the frontiers of engineering, biology, and drug discovery. This role would be responsible for crafting novel cell therapies and will have a substantial impact on the future success of Generate’s pipeline of biomedicines. This is a hands-on, laboratory-based position with a large opportunity for creativity and influence towards the direction of a rapidly growing science and technology company.
- Apply synthetic biology engineering approaches to enable machine learning-guided design of cell therapies like CAR-T, CAR-NK, and TCR-T
- Contribute to the design of extremely large discovery libraries for novel CARs
- Perform extremely large, multimodal, cell-based screening experiments
- Develop cell culture models for screening engineered immune cells
- Partner with data scientists and engineers to apply machine learning to the generation of synthetic receptors
- Work in dynamic, diverse, project-based teams in a flat hierarchy
- Actively contribute to the creation and development of new projects
Working at Generate, you would have access to world-leading technology platforms in the areas of:
- Automated liquid handling and digital microfluidics
- Droplet microfluidics for molecular and cell biology
- High-throughput cell- and protein-based library generation and screening
- Closed-loop machine learning/wetlab integration
- Protein structure/function prediction and determination
We have multiple openings and are interested in candidates at various experience levels.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree will be considered
- Experience working with mammalian cell culture required
- Experience with high-throughput screening strongly preferred
- Experience working with T cells or NK cells strongly preferred
- Experience with gene editing preferred
- Experience working with CARs or TCRs preferred
- Experience in a lab automation environment preferred
- High-throughput (HTS) library generation and screening experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with bioinformatic analyses with Python or R desired but not required
- Ability to work in a dynamic, creative and fast-paced environment required
- Strong collaboration and communication skills required
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Generate Biomedicines enforces a mandatory vaccination policy for COVID-19. All employees must be fully vaccinated and have received a booster. The purpose of this policy is to safeguard the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large from infectious disease that may be reduced by vaccinations. The company will make exceptions to this policy if required by applicable law and will consider requests for an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, or any other exemptions that may be recognized by applicable law.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.