Who we are
Harbinger Health, a Flagship-founded company, is pioneering early cancer detection. Harbinger aims to detect cancer, at the earliest stages, to save lives. Our platform leverages proprietary biological insights and artificial intelligence to enable high-resolution, molecular views on cancer from blood. We are a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking collaborative, passionate, and dedicated people to join our team.
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category bioplatform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in more than $200 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.5 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $19 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 42 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (Nasdaq: AXLA), Codiak BioSciences (Nasdaq: CDAK) Denali Therapeutics (Nasdaq: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (Nasdaq: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (Nasdaq: KLDO), Moderna (Nasdaq: MRNA), Omega Therapeutics (Nasdaq: OMGA), Rubius Therapeutics (Nasdaq: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology (Nasdaq: SANA), Seres Therapeutics (Nasdaq: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SGTX).
Harbinger Health is seeking a Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) engineer. This engineer will design, configure, customize, and validate Harbinger’s CLIA compliant LIMS. The Benchling LIMS is highly customized to Harbinger’s process and the engineer will need to maintain and improve the LIMS. The engineer will also assist in integrations with other software systems, as well as laboratory instruments and robotics.
- Design, configure, customize and implement a CLIA compliant LIMS
- Collaborate with end users to understand requirements and attain approvals
- Maintain alignment with existing system/architecture
- Lead and oversee development of Standard Operating Procedures, User Guides, and other relevant documentation for the LIMS
- Manage effective data exchange between LIMS and all lab instruments/robotics and other associated systems customizing code and parsing scripts code to accommodate data exchange
- Collaborate with management on business requirements to ensure adequate infrastructure support to lab systems including all upgrades to hardware and software
- Support laboratory operations to include, but not limited to, systems analysis, process & procedure creation, customized reports, modifications, barcode/printer management, and upkeep of systems administration tasks. Managing user requests, maintaining a validated state, processing access requests, and working with the business to troubleshoot issues
- Lead, author, support, and perform activities in the following areas: technical design documentation (System Design Specification, System Requirements Specification), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), user training, user acceptance testing (UAT), software validation, quality event management – nonconformances, deviations, investigations, and change controls.
- BS or MS in science or engineering related field with equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in LIMS related fields.
- Knowledge of LIMS configuration/administration and SQL Scripting Language
- Experience with Labware is highly desirable
- Successful LIMS implementation and/or development in the past is a plus
- Working knowledge of Biology or CLIA laboratory operations and experience with change control management and software validation
- Strong communicator in software, automation, and software system architectures.
- Experience as a developer using Linux, Python, PostgreSQL, REST, and SQL.
- Understand APIs and proficient developing services.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems independently and become the subject matter expert on issues as required.
- Great debugging skills, not afraid to jump into code if needed to debug production issues.
- Experience as a Developer on a cross-functional agile team preferred.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.