Fintrac is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist to join our home office communications team in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience, with at least one year of proven experience managing website and/or social media content. S/he will play an instrumental role in creating written and visual materials that distill Fintrac’s methodology and results into digestible stories that highlight the vital role of food security programming in global development efforts. The successful candidate will work with the communications team to disseminate products across multiple channels and take a leading role in our digital communications strategy and implementation.
- Assisting with the production of all external communication material, including writing, editing, and formatting corporate and project publications such as newsletters and success stories, technical reports, and web content;
- Overseeing day-to-day maintenance of corporate website, working closing with programmer to ensure digital best practices;
- Guiding and implementing social media efforts to increase awareness of Fintrac, its work, and the importance of agricultural development;
- Assisting with graphic design support, such as infographics and art, to improve design of corporate and project publications;
- Ensuring appropriate, consistent use of corporate branding and logo placement, as well as understanding and adhering to USAID and Feed the Future branding and marking regulations;
- Interfacing with all Fintrac departments and assigned field projects to ensure products, events, websites and publications are clear, professional and in line with key messages; and
- Other administrative support as needed.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in strategic communications and international development, ideally for a USAID-funded project or within an international development company;
- Progressive experience in managing projects; at ease organizing people, time, and deadlines;
- Experience with digital marketing tools and website optimization, familiarity with Drupal a plus;
- Proven experience in design software, including Illustrator, AfterEffects, Photoshop;
- Experience writing, editing, and disseminating publications that follow USAID and industry standards;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to produce high quality publications (both digital and print);
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously, independently, and to meet deadlines without compromising quality;
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite software applications, including experience with desktop publishing;
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree in communications, journalism, international development or a related field a plus; and
- Spanish language a plus.
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. Fintrac has the right to revise this position description at any time.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 340-776-7600 and ask for Human Resources.