Exo Therapeutics (https://exo-therapeutics.com) is a small molecule drug discovery and development company with a pioneering technology to address intractable pharmaceutical targets. By leveraging the company’s ExoSight™ platform, Exo is developing a deep pipeline of potent drug candidates that bind exosites, distal and unique binding pockets that have the potential to reprogram enzyme activity for precise and robust therapeutic effect. Through this specific and selective approach to challenging targets, the company’s team of world-class researchers is unlocking breakthrough therapeutics in oncology, inflammation and a broad range of other diseases.
Exo Therapeutics is seeking a Senior/Principal Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry with 5+ years of experience who will be responsible for designing and synthesis proposal for molecular targets of interest at hit to lead and lead optimization stage of the program in collaboration with drug discovery team and external partners. This position will provide a multiple disciplinary collaboration with internal scientists and collaboration and oversight of external synthetic and medicinal chemistry resources to advance small molecule drug discovery projects to critical decision-making milestones - from target validation, hit identification to clinical candidate selection. The qualified candidate will be responsible for formulating and executing the project chemistry strategy, contributing to the medicinal chemistry scientific excellence, fostering innovation and cross-functional collaboration with both the internal and external scientific community.
- Deliver project milestones on a timely fashion by leading chemistry efforts through good scientific judgement and smooth project execution in collaboration with cross functional research team.
- Contribute to medicinal chemistry and program strategy and vision.
- Analyze screening data, establish SAR, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute medicinal chemistry plans, coordinate chemistry and biology data to support compound progression and patent strategies
- Supervise and direct synthetic chemistry activities at contract research organizations (CROs).
- Engage in evaluating and implementing enabling discovery technology, including different modalities for drug discovery
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in biotech or pharmaceutical setting
- Expert knowledge of modern methods of synthetic and medicinal chemistry is required
- Molecular modeling capabilities and structure-based drug discovery experience is preferred.
- Experience as a project leader in the biopharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Ability to collaborate with internal/external matrix team members (e.g. chemistry, lead discovery, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Experience in one or more therapeutic areas/target classes is preferred
- Experience working with CRO partners highly preferred
- Good understanding of biochemical and biophysical methods and data and PK/PD data analysis and modeling
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and priorities at one time
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a member of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Analyze, interpret, and effectively present scientific data at team meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, curious, hard-working
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style
All fully qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the US at the time of application will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, as protected under law.