Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
To reinvent an industry, you must build the best team. Join Emulate if you want to bring ground-breaking technology to laboratories worldwide. We envision a new era in human health—a world in which drug discovery and development leverages human biology and technology to advance medicine. By providing researchers with human-relevant in vitro models, we play a central role in improving global health.
As the VP of Corporate Development, you will oversee the formation of business partnerships and negotiation of contracts. This position is responsible for overseeing the analysis of trends and developments and for formulating strategic courses of action to maximize the company’s leverage within its market. It provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel, and direction to support key business objectives. Additionally, the VP of Corporate Development will be key in identifying, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic collaborations and partnerships.
- Develop and drive business strategy to grow existing partnerships as well as develop and secure new partnerships
- Lead corporate development transactions and alliance management activities focused on external growth opportunities
- Actively engage Commercial and R&D partners to influence and operationalize new deals balancing risks and opportunities, establish effective governance structures, strategies and processes to improve the potential value and operational success of pending collaborations
- Monitor competitive intelligence by keeping up to date on market trends, competitors, and opportunities
- Structure and negotiate term sheets and agreements, in partnership with Legal
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work closely with Legal to expeditiously negotiate and sign agreements
- Contribute towards closing business to meet company revenue milestones
- Advanced degree in cell or molecular biology, bioengineering or similar field of study, MBA a plus
- 15+ years’ experience, 8+ years of business development, corporate development, or strategic pipeline experience within the pharmaceuticals/biotechnology/life sciences industry, identifying new products with in-licensing, out-licensing, and strategic partnering opportunities
- Extensive transactional experience with evidence of value creation, with platform technologies a plus
- Deep scientific knowledge and commercial acumen
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop a long-term strategy while balancing near-term priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Emulate is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We take unbiased action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or ability status. Our methods for hiring include ensuring that all available opportunities are fairly promoted — via online globally available channels — in a manner accessible to all potential applicants.
About Emulate, Inc.
Emulate is igniting a new era in human health with industry-leading Organ-on-a-Chip technology. The Human Emulation System provides a window into the inner workings of human biology and disease — offering researchers an innovative technology designed to predict human response with greater precision and detail than conventional cell culture or animal-based experimental testing. Pioneered at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University and backed by Northpond Ventures, Founders Fund, and Perceptive Advisors, Organ-on-a-Chip technology is already assisting researchers across academia, pharma, and government industries through its predictive power and ability to recreate true-to-life human biology. To learn more, visit emulatebio.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.