The mission of the Biotechnology startup Earli Inc. is large and ambitious: to detect and then cure cancer at its earliest stages, effortlessly and pain free. In other words, ‘make cancer a benign experience’. The technology which grounds the company’s efforts ushers in a new era in “synthetic biomarkers” as a novel methodology to detect cancer and then subsequently localize and then treat the cancer. The enabling technology utilizes “synthetic biomarkers” as a novel methodology to detect, localize and ultimately destroy cancer. Founded by Sam Gambhir, Cyriac Roeding and David Suhy, the company is well funded by world-class entrepreneurs and venture capital firms. Earli, Inc. is currently based in Redwood City, California.
Who You Are
- You share our same sense of dedication, scientific passion and entrepreneurial spirit
- You work well in a fast-paced and extremely focused startup environment
- You are not only smart, but clever and constantly think outside the box
- You are able to make logical decisions in an instant when there is little time to evaluate
- You are a natural communicator and relationship builder
- You stay calm under high pressure and stress
- You have the ability to multi-task in a serious way, with an extreme attention to detail
- You become a representative of the core DNA of the company through who you are
Earli is seeking a highly motivated and committed Research Associate or Senior Research Associate for our In-Vivo Biology team.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Maintain and demonstrate positive working relationships with investigators and technicians.
- Perform laboratory tasks in support of in vivo studies
- Prepare and administer of therapeutic agents through differing routes of administration (e.g., IP, IV, SC, or oral gavage) in rodents.
- Weigh of animals prior to dosing with test substances
- Collect blood and tissue samples
- Collect and input into database
- Read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information
- Work effectively and productively while maintaining integrity and confidentiality
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room set up
Your Required Experience, Knowledge and Skill
- Associate degree in Veterinary Technology or equivalent college level program, or BS in biological science, animal science, or a related discipline with at least two years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of rodent technical skills and capability of identifying sick animals and dosing compounds as needed.
- Computer literacy in word processing and database record keeping
- Strong work ethic, dependable and customer service oriented
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with team members and supervisors.
- Ability to plan and organize studies effectively
- Ability to multi-task with minimal error, and work effectively within a team
If interested in applying, please attach a CV or have a well-developed LinkedIn profile for us to be able to assess your background.
We look forward to hearing from you!