Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is looking for a highly qualified Data Management Analyst to support anticipated work with the Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA). This project provides a broad range of assessment, monitoring, and evaluation (AM&E) support to DSCA, including desk and field research, analysis, data collection and visualization, strategy development, policy writing and coordination, and AM&E capacity building. Dexis anticipates our work to expand, necessitating an additional role for the team. This role is contingent on funding.
The Data Management Analyst is anticipated to support DSCA and the Dexis team in analyzing security cooperation issues, risk to security cooperation effectiveness, and other social, economic, and political contextual factors; keeping up to date with emerging AM&E techniques, tools, approaches; identifying and maintaining new open-source data sources on security cooperation; and visualizing and summarizing data to effectively inform decision-making. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Identify, research, and assess various security cooperation databases, repositories, government sources, academic publications, and other relevant data platforms.
- Develop a criterion to evaluate the usefulness, relevance, and quality of the data collected as well as the sources.
- Design and implement a data storage and management system that allows for efficient organization, retrieval, and updating of the collected data. This may involve utilizing databases, cloud storage solutions, version control systems, or other appropriate tools.
- Develop a user-friendly interface or platform that enables stakeholders to easily access and engage with the data. Ensure that the data is available in a format suitable for analysis, such as structured datasets, visualizations, or reports.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their specific requirements and provide support in effectively utilizing the data. Address their queries, provide training if necessary, and ensure ongoing communication and collaboration.
- Evaluate and seek feedback from stakeholders and identify areas for improvement, such as enhancing data quality, streamlining access, or expanding data coverage.
- An active DOD Top Secret clearance
- Master’s degree
- 10+ years of experience applying quantitative methods to clean, manipulate, and analyze time-series and cross-national datasets, including normalizing, aggregating, and weighting data; conducting regression analyses; constructing indices; and analyzing survey responses;
- 2 years of experience conducting research on issues related to security assistance and/or security cooperation, and/or international relations, and/or the Department of Defense
- Experience in:
- Composing reviews of existing literature to identify knowledge gaps and/or inconsistencies in findings;
- Developing theoretical frameworks and testable hypotheses informed by reviews of data and/or existing literature;
- Developing data collection plans and analyses using both qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques;
- Developing codebooks and other tools to document data collection and analyses;
- Conceptualizing and operationalizing indicators;
- Applying social science best practices when reviewing and providing feedback on analytical products;
- Demonstrated and comprehensive knowledge of existing open-source data on issues related to security cooperation;
- Proficiency in using at least one of the following programming languages: STATA, R, and Python and;
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.