Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
The Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB) leads the Department of Labor’s (DOL) efforts to ensure that workers around the world are treated fairly and are able to share in the benefits of the global economy. ILAB’s mission is to safeguard the dignity at work, both at home and abroad – by strengthening global labor standards, enforcing labor commitments among trading partners, promoting racial and gender equity, and combating international child labor, forced labor and human trafficking. Within ILAB the Office of Child Labor, Forced Labor, and Human Trafficking (OCFT) safeguards dignity in the workplace and works to reduce child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking. The performance evaluations will use remote and in-person mixed methods data collection to synthesize and disseminate thematic analyses on emerging best practices and lessons learned for improving future programming and implementation.
The evaluation team will include a Senior Methodologist, Co-Lead Evaluators, Senior Labor Expert, and Data Analyst/Report Writer, and Local Enumerator/Coordinator for each evaluation.
Scope of Work:
Under the direction of the Senior Methodologist and in consultation with the Co-Lead Evaluators and Dexis, the Local Enumerator/Coordinator for Ethiopia will coordinate and schedule meetings in the initial phase of the evaluation. They will coordinate logistics to facilitate smooth scheduling and management of all stakeholder consultations for data collection and serve as point of contact for interview scheduling and logistics coordination. Additionally, the local coordinator will data enumeration and organization support, for the field work. The Local Enumerator/Coordinator will use well-organized methods of managing and tracking primary data collection schedules for the evaluation team.
Data collection will be conducted in Ethiopia, pending security and accessibility. The Evaluation Team will consider methods of data collection appropriate to conditions on the ground.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Senior Methodologist and in consultation with Dexis and the Co-Lead Evaluators, the Local Enumerator/Coordinator for Ethiopia will:
- Participate in weekly check ins with Integra and Dexis, and meetings with DOL (as needed).
- Review desk review and draft Terms of Reference (TOR).
- Provide input to field site selection and mobilization plan (pending conditions).
- Support Lead Evaluator to revise the Palma Futuro TOR, data collection instruments, field itinerary (pending conditions), and lists of stakeholders, according to DOL, Integra, and Dexis feedback.
- Manage Ethiopia scheduling and logistics for data collection itinerary, coordinating with the Co-Lead Evaluators to develop the tracking and management tools for data and consultation scheduling.
- Lead the logistical management of Ethiopia field data collection and collaborate with Ethiopia Local Lead Evaluator to manage Ecuador logistical management, including maintaining compliance with federal travel regulations and Dexis policies (pending conditions).
- Support field data collection, including conducting data quality checks on collated field data.
- Participate in weekly check-ins with Dexis, as well as meetings with DOL (on an as-needed basis).
- In coordination with the Co-Lead Evaluators, develop the tracking and management tools for data and consultation scheduling.
- Work closely with the Co-Lead Evaluators to coordinate and schedule initial meetings for this evaluation.
- Develop methods for managing and tracking primary data collection schedules for the evaluation team.
- Act as a translator and support data organization for stakeholder consultations (as needed).
- Report all aspects of the data collection process in accordance with the TOR to the Co-Lead Evaluators, including remote and in-person data collection through surveys, key informant interviews (KIIs), and focus groups discussion (FGDs).
- Support Co-Lead Evaluators and Data Analyst/Report Writer in translating, summarizing, and analyzing data, identifying contextual and emerging trends, and drafting findings.
- Support the drafting of the Evaluation Report.
- Provide inputs to support Co-Lead Evaluators in responding to feedback from Dexis and DOL to finalize Evaluation Report, including final infographic summary.
- Maintain regular communication with the Dexis PMU regarding overall scope progress, submission and approval of deliverables, fieldwork logistics, and requests from Dexis and DOL.
Specific actions requested and deliverables may include:
- Develop tools for managing and tracking consultation itinerary
- Develop the data collection/consultation itinerary (with input from Co-Lead Evaluators).
- Manage and develop communication with stakeholders and identify data collection sites (with input from Co-Lead Evaluators).
- Notes and summaries from stakeholder consultations and interviews (as needed)
- Inputs to final Palma Futuro TOR, data collection instruments, field itinerary, and list of stakeholders
- KII /FGD transcripts, code books, survey data collection database
- Inputs to Draft Evaluation Report with infographic summary
- Inputs to Final Evaluation Report with infographic summary
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.