Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a mid-level Data Visualization Specialist to provide data visualization, analysis, and database management support for an anticipated project to be awarded by the Department of State. The Data Visualization Specialist will support an impact evaluation of a civil society strengthening program implemented in the Near East. The Data Visualization Specialist will support data collection, analysis, and deliverable production for the evaluation.
This will be a part-time, consultant role. Work is anticipated to occur between October 2023 and August 2024, and will be contingent upon award.
This position may have the option of being based remotely.
- Support desk review of relevant evaluation documentation and materials, U.S. policies, Country-specific policies, and any relevant open-source data that contextualizes or triangulates the dataset.
- Assist in data collection tasks, including in-person or virtual key informant interviews, surveys, and focus groups.
- Support development of digital/virtual data collection tools and instruments.
- Manage and support development of database for storage of collected data, as well as data entry into database.
- Monitor data for accuracy, completeness, and redundancies.
- Conduct data quality checks.
- Develop sophisticated visualizations for inclusion in evaluation deliverables.
- Participate in drafting final evaluation report, evaluation brief, and other final evaluation products; support delivery of presentation of evaluation results to key stakeholders within State and across interagency.
- Travel to the Near East region to conduct data collection may be required.
- Other data analysis, visualization, research, and evaluation duties as assigned.
- Secret Clearance.
- Graduate degree in social sciences/similar degree or equal years of experience in a thematic area relevant to the evaluation scope.
- At least five (5) years of experience evaluating USAID and/or Department of State foreign assistance is required.
- Expertise in civil society strengthening programs in non-permissive environments, specifically civic education centered on educators for youth engagement.
- Skilled in research design and quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Demonstrated expertise and skills in designing and implementing impact evaluations.
- Experience conducting foreign assistance evaluations via direct or remote data collection activities in non-permissive environments.
- Experience and skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis and the preparation of evaluation reports, as well as providing high-level oral briefs for senior-level USG officials.
- Experience operating in closed-country environment.
- Knowledge of or proficiency in Farsi, Persian, and/or Dari.
- Experience in the Near East region.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
If you are hired for a position that is paid from the Dexis home office, you will be required to submit proof that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine unless you qualify for a legally recognized medical or religious exception to the vaccine requirement. This does not apply to AL, AZ, FL, KS, MT, NH, ND, or TX residents.