We are Latana, an innovative product focused on capturing the $5 billion+ brand tracking market. Put simply, Latana gives brands the tools to make better marketing and campaign decisions by giving them world-class insights about their brand performance. In its short existence, Latana has already started working with some of the hottest B2C brands, including Headspace, Transferwise, Unilever, and more - and we’re just getting started!
About the Role
You will work closely with our Data Science and Data Operations teams to ensure continuous, flawless data delivery to our customers. Together with product managers and software engineers, you will work to optimise and refactor the Python applications used by our Data Science team to run our ever-evolving MRP estimation system. You will collaborate on the design and implementation of data transformation and migration procedures which bring our operational capabilities in line with the rapid growth of the Latana product.
- Enthusiastic problem-solving and motivated to help the people around you succeed.
- Understand that proactive communication is a large part of software engineering.
- You’re just as happy when modifying or refactoring legacy code as when working on something brand new.
- Productive when working with legacy code and you are always looking for refactoring opportunities.
- You have an automate-everything approach – streamlining processes and eliminating manual work excites you.
Your Skills and Experience
- Strong SQL knowledge, particularly for working optimally with large datasets.
- Experience with classic databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and data warehouse solutions like Amazon Redshift.
- A solid professional background in Python development, with experience in other languages.
- Experience with data pipelines and ETL procedures.
- Working knowledge of typical data science tooling like pandas, scikit, Jupyter.
- Iterative development – you continuously integrate your changes into the codebase even though you have a long term vision in mind.
- Understanding of machine learning concepts and best practices – candidates who understand how their software engineering work overlaps with this area will have a big advantage.
What We Offer
- A challenging, yet encouraging work environment.
- The opportunity to contribute to the success of a fast-growing, market-leading product.
- A lifelong learning budget to contribute to your continuing education.
- A yearly stipend for use on public transport or personal fitness via Urban Sports Club.
- In-house coaching to help you grow personally and professionally.
- A MacBook Pro and all the peripherals you need to succeed in our remote working package.
- A beautiful office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with the opportunity to work remotely.
- Regular team outings on our two company boats plus regular social events!
Latana is committed to providing a respectful, safe, and inclusive workplace. Diversity at Latana means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We pride ourselves on working with the best and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our talented employees.