Culture’s mission is to make bioprocess development and scale-up as fast and easy as scaling software. Towards this aim, Culture’s first offering enables biopharma, biotechnology, and synthetic biology companies to run their bioprocessing R&D in the cloud. Clients design, manage, and analyze bioprocess experiments in Culture’s Console web application. Culture’s offering enables customers to focus on designing and improving their process versus spending time and effort building out their own high-throughput process development laboratory. While customers remotely observe the process and analyze data, the experiments are executed in Culture’s cloud bioreactor facility in South San Francisco. The facility is enabled by Culture’s proprietary 250mL and 5L single-use bioreactor technology and software systems.
At Culture, we combine our passions for biomanufacturing, engineering, and operations to build new solutions that make bioprocess development and scale-up faster. We value curiosity, communication, collaboration, customer focus and a drive for results.
Culture Biosciences is looking for a Marketing Director to fuel our inbound lead generation engine and to take our brand to the next level. This opportunity is ideal for an experienced B2B brand builder and/or product marketer. This role is responsible for creation and execution of all annual strategic marketing plans including all brand development and sales support workstreams to grow Culture Biosciences’ product/services offerings and to support new product launches. The Marketing Director is a key leadership position at the epicenter of the Commercial Team and is a member of the Chief Commercial Officer's leadership team.
What you'll do:
- Plan and deliver a comprehensive commercial strategy incorporating insights from market data, trends, competitor activity, qualitative and quantitative marketing research, and industry reports.
- Develop and roll out a revised brand positioning and customer segmentation scheme that factors in our future-looking product vision.
- Design and align annual marketing plan and strategic multi-year brand growth plan with Culture Biosciences’ sales/BD and Product Management strategic initiatives.
- Design and manage marketing frameworks: customer journey and touchpoints mapping, buyers personas and profiles, marketing plan execution dashboard.
- Develop and improve processes and tools for overall marketing operations, campaign management, product marketing, new product launch, sales collaboration, and financial reporting.
- Drive brand recognition and preference programs’ everyday execution.
- Develop and implement marketing and product launch plans for new products and services.
- Lead the creation and placement of technical content for internal and external communications.
- Design and deliver on digital marketing projects and campaigns.
- Manage trade shows, conferences, and events participation.
- Partner with sales/BD to ensure marketing plan is executed in alignment with priorities of sales; supports and collaborates with the business development team as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field. Advanced technical degree/secondary major in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or other life sciences is a significant plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional sales, marketing and communications experience within life sciences B2B services industry is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated proactive and effective thought leadership to influence senior leaders of an organization.
- Strong experience in productive collaboration with sales/BD teams, and Product/Services Management team.
- Willingness to travel 25%.
In return, we will support you by:
- Lifting each other up and enabling others to be their best
- Commitment to reliability
- Empowering ownership to drive progress
- Trying new things; big innovations start with small ideas and actions
Location & Schedule:
- This is a remote-flexible position. We’re looking for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area who is able to work in person at our office in South San Francisco 1-2 times per week. This is a full time position with 25% travel.
Base Salary Range:
Culture Biosciences's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. Our expected salary range for this role is $180,000 to $230,000. We are hiring for multiple levels and backgrounds so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.