Culture Biosciences has built the first cloud bioreactor facility. Customers use our platform to develop new bio-synthesized therapeutics, sustainable foods and sustainable agricultural products. At Culture we combine our passions for engineering and operations to develop and scale our unique technology. We value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus and a drive for results.
To learn more about our product, check out this short explainer video.
Culture Biosciences is looking for a Technical Transfer Scientist. Your focus will be on the technical transfer of new bioprocesses to Culture’s platform. This includes developing acceptance criteria that are used to evaluate success of technical transfer projects, as well as managing the experimental approach when transferring new processes for a variety of different organisms.
What you'll do:
- Develop a framework for technical transfer of a variety of bioprocesses into Culture’s platform
- Work with potential clients in order to develop acceptance criteria used to evaluate success
- Collaborate with internal teams in order to plan and execute technical transfer experiments
- Monitor technical transfer experiments and analyze data
- Develop and test hypotheses, in collaboration with clients, in order to match performance across sites
- Manage and mentor more junior team members and colleagues
Projects on our horizon:
This is an exciting time at Culture, and we are onboarding a number of new client processes across a variety of different organisms, process types and industries. In transferring these processes, you will be able to collaborate with clients across a range of industries and product categories. You will also be instrumental in building a framework for repeatable technical transfer, which will be critical for our continued growth.
- PhD in Biological Sciences or Chemical Engineering and 5+ years of industrial experience
- Strong knowledge of microbial physiology and experience with a variety of microbes and bioprocesses
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders
- Experience in microbial process development and strain screening
- Experience transferring processes between facilities and across scales and different bioreactor platforms
- Understanding of statistical principles and analyses
- Client facing experience
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person.
- Supporting your personal and professional growth.
Location & Schedule:
- This is a remote-flexible position. We’re looking for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area who is able to work in person at our office in South San Francisco 1 day per week. Alternatively, if someone is located in a different area who is willing to travel to the area on a monthly basis.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.