Culture Biosciences has innovated the first and industry’s only cloud bioreactor facility enabling companies to get critical experimental data faster, at their fingertips, and therefore progressing the development of sustainable materials, biotherapeutics, and more. Our teams combine their passion within science, engineering, software, and design to foster an environment of strong innovation by encouraging learning, development, problem solving, and teamwork. At Culture Biosciences we value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus, and a drive for results.
Here's a video that explains the process.
You’ll help steer a startup that has the potential to make a significant positive contribution to the world. Plus, people here are kind, empathetic, and passionate about what they do.
What you will do:
- Lead the core operations functions of our business: bioreactor operations, manufacturing of bioreactors and consumables, existing client engagement, and customer onboarding
- Grow and retain a world-class operations organization of 50+ people from day 1
- Design your organization, lead it with empathy and humility, and recruit talented teammates who match Culture’s values and mission
- Expand all operations by 2-3X in the 18 months post-hire, including 1-2 site expansions.
- Build and refine planning process to increase operational capacity 3-18 months
- Create a function that introduces new technologies (software, robotics, new hardware) from our R&D teams into our bioreactor and client operations
- Augment and improve our staffing model for client programs and our processes for onboarding and engaging with customers on a continuous basis
- Improve data collection and data analysis of manufacturing and operational KPIs (e.g. quality, efficiency, cycle time, safety) and utilize data as a part of a continuous improvement program.
- You are a people-oriented leader who leads with empathy, humility, and intellectual curiosity. You can speak to experiences of building trust and motivation
- You enjoy building and growing teams and can speak to experiences recruiting, retaining, and growing talented teammates and leaders
- You have led organizations of at least 50 people in the past that included multiple layers of leadership
- You can have experience or knowledge of bioprocessing operations or bio-manufacturing or have adjacent biotechnology experience that will enable you to ramp up quickly in our domain
- You are an experienced manufacturing and operations leader with at least 15 years of experience in the domain
- You have led operations and manufacturing at a high-growth organization and have overseen the expansion of operations by at least 2-3X in your tenure
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person.
- Supporting your personal and professional growth.
- This is an on-site role in South San Francisco, California. Expect to be on-site for 4-5 days out of the week.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.