If your background is in Cybersecurity, Computer Science and Engineering, Digital Forensics, Management Information Systems, or Security Information Systems, learn more about CRA!
About Charles River Associates
Charles River Associates is a leading global consulting firm that provides economic, financial, and business management expertise to major law firms, corporations and governments around the world. CRA advises clients on economic and financial matters pertaining to litigation and regulatory proceedings, and guides corporations through critical business strategy and performance-related issues. Since 1965, clients have engaged CRA for its combination of industry experience and rigorous, fact-based analysis that provide clients with clear, implementable solutions to complex business concerns.
Practices seeking to hire candidates with this profile include (hiring locations listed):
- Forensic Services/Cybersecurity & Digital Forensics (Toronto)
- Our team supports cyber due diligence, incident response, insurance claims, and security transformation.
- Forensic Services/E-Discovery (Toronto)
- Our team assists companies and their counsel in data preservation, collection, analysis, reporting, and delivery from cloud-based and other repositories.
Learn more about our work by reviewing our Services and Industries on our website.
- Assist with security and privacy investigations in response to data security matters, which may include ongoing breaches and fraud;
- Engage in problem solving and forensic analysis of digital information using standard computer forensic and evidence handling techniques and tools;
- Apply investigative techniques, scientific reasoning, and digital forensic techniques against various systems to answer questions;
- Identify, research, and organize information to determine what a hacker did to a compromised system, whether data was stolen from a company asset, or what data to assess and provide in a litigation;
- Defensibly collect digital evidence and complete chain-of-custody documentation;
- Leverage your programming, model building, and database administration skills (including using Python, T-SQL, VBA, Excel, C#, and/or other programming languages and tools);
- Communicate with team members, clients, and other professionals to share investigative and analytical findings, and assist with the drafting of written reports to summarize procedures performed and findings;
- Work closely with business stakeholders and experts to develop new and innovative tools to support the evolving forensic landscape;
- Stay current with developments in digital forensics, e-discovery, and incident response.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree candidates graduating December 2023/Summer 2024 with an academic focus in Cybersecurity, Computer Science and Engineering, Digital Forensics, Management Information Systems, Security Information Systems, or related field;
- Strong understanding of computer operating systems, software, and hardware;
- Ability to conduct detailed forensic investigations and analyses of computers, networks, mobile devices, and removable media;
- Experience with conducting digital forensic analyses using commercial and open-source forensic tools, including file system forensics, memory analysis, and network analysis;
- Experience with conducting static/dynamic malware analyses in a lab environment and threat hunting in a live environment;
- Strong understanding of proper evidence handling procedures and chain-of-custody;
- Experience with drafting technical and investigative reports and communicating technical findings;
- Experience with utilizing automation tools and scripts to expedite analyses;
- Understanding of incident handling procedures, including preparation, identification, containment, eradication, and recovery-to-protect enterprise environments
- Understanding of common attack techniques used by an adversary on a victim network and how to leverage those techniques to stop further adversary activity
- Individuals with digital forensics/incident response training and/or certifications, including SANS GIAC (GCIA, GCFA, GCFE, GNFA, GCCC, and/or GREM), IACIS (CFCE or CIFR), and/or Guidance Software (EnCE), are preferred but not required;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and leadership;
- Strong teamwork and collaboration capabilities;
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills;
- Clear and demonstrated interest in consulting through coursework, work experience, activities, or attendance at CRA recruiting events.
To be considered for a position in Canada, we require the following:
- Resume – please include current address, personal email and telephone number;
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA and how this role matches your goals;
- Transcript – may be unofficial. Note: you must be graduating from a bachelor's or master's degree program for this role. If you are graduating from an MBA/PhD program or have work experience, please visit our Careers site to see current open roles.
If you are interested in applying to one of our international locations, please visit our Careers site to view and apply for available jobs.
Candidate resume review will commence August 31, and continue on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Career Growth and Benefits
- CRA’s robust skills development programs, including a commitment to offering 100 hours of training annually through formal and informal programs, encourage you to thrive as an individual and team member. Beginning with research and analysis skill building, training continues with technical training, presentation skills, internal seminars, and career mentoring and performance coaching from an assigned senior colleague. Additional leadership and collaboration opportunities exist through internal firm development activities.
- We offer a comprehensive total rewards program including a superior benefits package, wellness programming to support physical, mental, emotional and financial well-being, and in-house immigration support for foreign nationals and international business travelers.
Work Location Flexibility
CRA creates a work environment that enables our colleagues to benefit from being together in the office to best deliver on our promise of career growth, mentorship and inclusivity. At the same time, we realize that individuals realize a range of benefits when working from home periodically. We currently ask that individuals spend 3 to 4 days a week on average working in the office (which may include traveling to another CRA office or to a client's location), with specific days determined in coordination with your practice or team. At certain times of the year (e.g. holiday periods), additional remote work options are offered to those whose work commitments permit it, although our offices remain open for those who choose or need to be there.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer (CHRA/EEA). As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.