Who We Are:
Calico (Calico Life Sciences LLC) is an Alphabet-founded research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies and model systems to increase our understanding of the biology that controls human aging. Calico will use that knowledge to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Calico’s highly innovative technology labs, its commitment to curiosity-driven discovery science, and, with academic and industry partners, its vibrant drug-development pipeline, together create an inspiring and exciting place to catalyze and enable medical breakthroughs.
The Associate Director of Biostatistics will be responsible for providing statistical data analysis expertise to support assigned clinical programs/complex studies. He/she will work with cross functional teams and oversee study design, data collection and analysis, to ensure rigorous quantitative analyses in decision making for early clinical programs. In addition, he/she may collaborate with internal and external partners to optimize clinical study design and ensure rigorous execution of study protocols and study statistical strategies to advance exciting drug candidates in early-stage development programs.
Calico provides a scientifically stimulating and collaborative working environment and the successful candidate will interact with scientists from a range of disciplines including basic research, computational biology, pharmacology, PKPD and biomarker experts. We are seeking a creative and innovative statistical scientist to direct project teams towards efficient strategies for data integration across multiple platforms with the ultimate goal of deriving meaningful inferences about the human condition.
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics/Statistics or equivalent with at least 6 years relevant work experiences or MS in Biostatistics/Statistics with at least 8 years relevant experience
- Broad and thorough understanding of statistical principles and clinical trial methodology; able to practice and implement them
- Ability to develop innovative/creative statistical/technical solutions to complex problems
- Knowledge and experience in meeting regulatory guidelines, both FDA and international regulatory agencies
- Broad knowledge of medical/biological terminology and clinical trial designs in relevant therapeutic areas
- Leadership skills in priority evaluation, adapting to changes, conflicts resolution, and effective partnership
- Must be willing to work onsite at least three days per week
The estimated base salary range for this role is $223,000 - $233,000. Actual pay will be based on a number of factors including experience and qualifications. This position is also eligible for two annual cash bonuses.
Calico requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Calico will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.