**No Agencies Please**
Building a small business is hard but fulfilling. We started Buffer more than 10 years ago and have always been a small business in size and at heart. As a fully remote team, with transparent salaries and working only four days a week, we’re passionate about our vision of supporting small businesses that do good while doing well. Through exceptional customer service and uplifting content, we help companies believe they can succeed and do good along the way. We’re looking for values aligned teammates to join us in building something special!
Our Culture and Values
Buffer's are at the core of everything we do. We're building a company that’s focused not just on the bottom line, but also on the happiness of our customers and team. Here are the values that guide our decisions and actions:
We hire talented teammates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to a work environment of respect and kindness. Working at Buffer is a collaborative effort built on the foundation of our core values. We try to be “No Ego Doers” who are aware of our assumptions. In our career frameworks, we focus on the journey, growth, and evolution that makes up a career.
Where You'll Work
Buffer is a fully remote team, spread across the planet. We have teammates, (a.k.a. Bufferoos), in 15 countries, 11 timezones, and 42 cities (and counting!). As a member of our team, you will be invited to work wherever you’re happiest and most productive.
About The Role
Who You'll Work With
What You’ll Be Doing
- Optimize how freemium works for our business by optimizing revenue from our free plan while adhering to our values of generosity and transparency
- Own Buffer Free plan end to end
- Own all in-product upgrade and payment paths
- Understand and instrument all CTAs and upgrade journeys
- Drive data analysis to understand upgrade path performance
- Design and implement experiments to improve the rate of both trial and free-to-paid conversions
- Understand why users upgrade (or not)
- Collaborate with design to create experiments, improve UX around upgrade paths
- Work with your team’s engineers to implement experiments
- Ensure the overall integrity of our telemetry (event tracking & analysis tooling)
- Work with other PMs to implement experiments and changes across products
- Coordinate launch and go-to-market planning in partnership with product marketing
- Collaborate closely with product, design, engineering, data, and marketing to drive the ideation, research, design, and development of customer-focused features and improvements
- Keep your team focused and excited to solve customer problems by connecting the work they do to our customer’s success and our larger mission
- Build alignment across product teams, our leadership team, and other stakeholders
Helpful Skills and Experience
- 0+ years of product management (that’s not a typo, we’re happy to teach you the “product stuff”!)
- Very strong data analysis skills
- Understanding of key SaaS metrics including MRR, Churn, LTV, ARPU, and how these metrics impact one another
- A deep sense of curiosity
- An understanding of what makes a product high quality, with an extremely sharp eye for detail and intuitive user experiences
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Your friends would describe you as rigorous and highly organized
- Strong understanding of the product-led growth model and how freemium works within that
- Experience working with a global team of product managers, designers, engineers
- Adept at pairing data with product intuition to always keep product decisions moving forward
- Clear and concise written skills with an ability to distill and communicate complex topics
- Bias towards action with an ability to drive results near term as well as the ability to zoom out and connect the day to day work to our large mission
- Product management experience
- Experience using SQL for data analysis
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $103,500 - $170,500 USD.
Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like! We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive.
Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
️ Time to recharge: At least 3 weeks/year of minimum vacation and we're currently working a 4-day workweek.
401(k): With 3% company match.
Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 8-15% of profits annually to the team.
Family leave: 16 weeks of family leave for all parents, fully paid.
Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers.
️ Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or coffee shop work.
Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital, physical, and audio - you like, anytime.
Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
Here's our hiring process
Step 1: Submit your application. We would love to hear from you and learn how you align your values!
Step 2: Take Home Assessment. We try to keep these short and effective to be mindful of your time.
Step 3: Technical and role fit chat with the hiring manger for this role.
Step 4: Chat with our CPO.
Step 5: Final Chat with our CEO.
Our Hiring Timeline
Thank you for your interest in Buffer and the Growth PM role! Our overall hiring process takes about 4-8 weeks, from the time you are contacted for the first interview. If you feel like this role is calling out to you, we'd love to learn more about you. We're always open to continuing the conversation.