Purpose of Position
We are looking for an experienced AWS Cloud Engineer to join our team. You hold a pivotal role within the Product Development department and you will be responsible for providing expertise and experience on designing, deploying, and maintaining our cloud-based infrastructure based on Amazon Web Services. You will have a holistic understanding of our platform, be involved in designing and delivering new solutions, and be the go-to person for AWS related input as we maintain and extend our award-winning affiliate marketing platform.
You will evangelise and educate engineering teams on the value proposition of AWS as well and aid in creating world-class solutions built on AWS.
Your location: Germany, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, France, The UK, Italy, or Sweden.
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure
- Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement innovative solutions built on AWS
- Apply security and data-privacy best-practices aligned with our compliance requirements
- Support the project team in the realisation and implementation of AWS based services and recommend process and architecture improvements
- Provide cloud guidance and governance to our engineers, enable teams and individuals to grow
- Play a key role in helping the teams migrating and transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
Skills & Expertise
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure as code with Terraform
- In-depth experience with Linux, Docker and AWS compute services (EC2, ECS, Lambda)
- In-depth experience with AWS content-delivery services (Cloudfront, API-Gateway, Route53, PrivateLink) and messaging services (SNS, SQS, Kinesis, MSK)
- Basic experience with AWS networking (VPC), security (IAM, KMS, Secrets Manager) as well as storage, database and caching services (S3, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Ability to present your solutions to groups of people with a range of technical expertise in an engaging and clear way
- Proven track record of delivery in multi-team environments
- A desire to constantly refactor and improve, which applies as much to you as the systems under your responsibility
- Be pragmatic; know how to balance the best solution against a working solution
- An expert understanding of distributed systems and microservice architecture
- Display a history of creativity, innovative thought, awareness of current technical trends and high levels of motivation
Although not required, we would be excited if you had experience with some of the below:
- Knowledge of OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect
- Working on high-volume transactional systems
- With staff wellbeing at the forefront of our minds, we have shifted to a 4-day week on a trial basis, offering our employees the opportunity to spend time with family and friends, focus on a long-fostered passion, or take up personal studies- work-life balance is paramount for us!
- Flexible working hours – no more wasting a vacation day for an administrative appointment
- Whether you enjoy working from the office or from home, Awin gives you the chance to decide where you would like to work- whether that will be from home anywhere in the UK, Germany or Poland, or from one of our beautiful offices in the heart of London, Berlin, Hanover or Warsaw
- We encourage you to use our vast company training resources to nurture your self-development
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we’ve had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual ‘Life @ Awin’ hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world’s leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.