You: You are passionate about storytelling and are able to communicate complex ideas in a way that moves people. You are strategic about building strong relationships and have the ability to influence those around you. You love to write and are skilled at all forms of communication. You have experience with and are passionate about enterprise technology. You are curious and have the ability to engage a cross-functional team to understand business trends, issues, and major priorities for technology executives. You can develop plans that support the business’s growth and that integrate with sales and marketing.
Us: We are an ambitious and high-energy marketing organization building global awareness and demand for Apptio’s SaaS applications. We are passionate about what we do and are driven by a common mission to support and elevate the role of CIOs within their organization. We believe deeply in Apptio’s potential to lead our market and disrupt the IT industry on a daily basis. We are team players with an entrepreneurial spirit and an eye on results. We are growing fast and need committed, ambitious professionals to help us meet our goals while building their career.
What we want you to do:
Apptio is seeking an Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to lead its analyst engagement program. As a newly public company, this role is essential to driving Apptio’s reputation with industry analysts and prospective customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for owning relationships with key industry influencers while working directly with internal stakeholders to drive Apptio’s perspective into the market. You will need strong negotiation and strategic thinking skills in addition to a high level of attention to detail. This person will have experience working on a successful AR and will report into the Director of Corporate Communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage a strategic AR program aligned to corporate and to demand generation goals
- Building and nurturing relationships with technology influencers
- Partner with engineering and product marketing teams to deeply understand and communicate Apptio’s product offerings
- Identifying areas of potential influence for Apptio across industry research and reports
- Manage a program that enables depth with key analysts and breadth with peripheral analysts
- Raise awareness of Apptio’s TBM applications through creative storytelling and customer success stories
- Work closely with business leaders across the company (including Public Relations, Product Marketing, Engineering, Business Development, etc.) to comprehensively tell Apptio’s story
- Work with executive spokespeople to develop, refine and deliver message platforms tied to our broader corporate goals
- Ensure the timely, efficient and top-quality execution of all plans, activities and programs
- 2-3 years of Analyst Relations experience with 3-5 years of PR experience prior
- Successful track record of developing and executing a strategic AR program
- Strong business and technology writing skills
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and performance driven
- Strong skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Experience with fast-paced start-ups
- Passion for enterprise technology
- Friendly, team-player, positive, go-getter and can-do attitude
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers, including more than 40 percent of the Fortune 100, choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.